ADVERTISEMENT

So Greg Norman made some ridiculously stupid comments...

LionDeNittany

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
the other day in promotion of a new Golf Tour in Saudia Arabia. But noone is speaking about it. Why?

More than the comments being stupid, to me it speaks to what has now become an acceptable way of talking about the United States... which is arguably the most racially diverse and accepting country in the world today or that ever has been.

In an article published in the Financial Times, the former World No. 1 insisted he’s not being used by the group to clean up its image.
“No, I have not been used for sportswashing because I’ve been to Saudi Arabia, and I’ve seen the changes that have taken place,” Norman told the Financial Times.
Norman also equated racial issues in the United States with social issues in Saudi Arabia.
“Every country has done horrendous things in the past … just look at America with racism, for example, it’s just so embedded here, it’s just ugly,” he said.

So, in Norman's words 'racism' is embedded in the United States, but in Saudi Arabia... a place where they are openly ready to murder foreigners of certain religions, it's in the past.

Perhaps Greg Norman, a guy who made his living playing GOLF, is now shilling for the LIV Golf Tournament and at the same time ripping on his home country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News