ADVERTISEMENT

So I just came back with my daughter from the Philharmonic

91Joe95

Aug 15, 2003
First off, all the Pitt fans say hi. Now, what's up with the conductor? He flings his arms all around and points his stick all over the place. What's the point? None of the musicians are even looking at him, they all have their faces buried in their music sheets, which is what tells them what to play and when. If all he does is let the musicians know their timing, I think a mild electrical stimulus in their seats would work just as well. And while they're at it, they should take away their music sheets. Learn the freaking music people. You don't see Geddy Lee out on stage with music sheets. Btw, it was a really nice Christmas program they performed.

First off, all the Pitt fans say hi. Now, what's up with the conductor? He flings his arms all around and points his stick all over the place. What's the point? None of the musicians are even looking at him, they all have their faces buried in their music sheets, which is what tells them what to play and when. If all he does is let the musicians know their timing, I think a mild electrical stimulus in their seats would work just as well. And while they're at it, they should take away their music sheets. Learn the freaking music people. You don't see Geddy Lee out on stage with music sheets. Btw, it was a really nice Christmas program they performed.

Clearly you must be an experienced musician. What could be more obvious?

Geddy Lee plays the same sets over and over and over, for years on end.

The "Philharmonic" (which? New York? Berlin? Long Island? Vienna? LA? Buffalo? Dayton?) does not.

As to the conductor, have you not ever heard of peripheral vision?

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95
That was hilarious .. Lol

First off, all the Pitt fans say hi. Now, what's up with the conductor? He flings his arms all around and points his stick all over the place. What's the point?
iAqU-w.gif

Question for you.....are you a musician?

90% of the work of a conductor is done at rehearsals.

Clearly you must be an experienced musician. What could be more obvious?

They make Christmas lights that light up and play along with the beats of music. It would be simple to tweak it to instead provide a mild electrical stimulus to their seats whenever they play off key or out of time. Simple.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
They make Christmas lights that light up and play along with the beats of music. It would be simple to tweak it to instead provide a mild electrical stimulus to their seats whenever they play off key or out of time. Simple.

That would just be a continuous shock for most of the musicians in the orchestra. I’m sure it wouldn’t be distracting at all....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT