ADVERTISEMENT

Some info for you

mbar21

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2014
Austin, TX
A few nuggets for y'all.

First of all I am back from Seattle having visited UW for their game against Cal and then staying for a while for work. Just have to say games there are awesome.

Yes they tailgate in yachts. It was wild to see the boats come in and people tailgate on them. Got a chance to explore a few of them and they were amazing.

nI90nPr.jpg

Inside their tunnel

RyyfZ6V.jpg

Field level suites

97TPEUj.jpg

A shot I took from the roof of the team coming in. The purple smoke is pretty cool.

jTedG7H.jpg

Overall stadium is super nice. Feels like a pro stadium in every way. Tailgating was good although they didn't start until later in the day for a night game. And I mean no one was there until 3/4pm and game was at 7:45.

Highly recommend going to a game there if you're ever in the Seattle area. It did rain on us a bit that day but most of the stadium is covered by these huge overhangs that they built so most people were dry.

Okay onto some nuggets. First I'm hearing fireworks should be back for this game (key word should) when the team comes out of the tunnel like we had last year for Ohio state. Should take the energy up at the end of pregame to an already insane level.

Players will tell the media that it's another game and they are going 1-0 this week blah blah. I've been told that they have had this game circled for revenge for a long time. They were embarrassed last year and the older guys want to send a message to the B1G and country that it's between Penn State and Ohio State for the B1G and no one else. Been told that Trace especially was completely locked in during the bye week studying hard and wants to play a complete game against a legit defense. I'd expect him to have a ton of fire in this game.

Finally I'm told that they brought back the Tommy Stevens package in the NW game banking on the fact that they hadn't run it for two weeks so NW may not be prepared for it. They were right. Scored a TD with it and almost another. Expect to see it again but they could throw in a new wrinkle and let Tommy throw it after taking the hand off. You saw Saquan do that which was pretty much the same concept but Tommy hasn't done it and with Michigans aggressive approach to the run it could really pay off. No one has seen that yet. Also two names that figure to see more action this week, Gesicki and Blacknall. That's all I will say about them.

As of right now there is a very very good chance this will be one of the top 5 biggest crowds at Beaver Stadium. I was told they are trying very hard to find ways to bring in more people (field/suites). Franklin wants the biggest crowd ever. He may not get it but it's going to be very close.

For those of you that are going I hope you have a great time. I will be covering Ohio State next week so I'm missing this one and will give you an all access pass for that game. I'll be covering Texas vs Oklahoma State this week.

Go State Beat Michigan!

YDnUNu7.jpg)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News