ADVERTISEMENT

Spam alert

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Just got a voice message saying that Spectrum is going to discontinue my 50% discount any call this number to learn more.

But I do not have and never had Spectrum so I know it is a scam.

Sickening how they do this. More sickening they are never charged and prosecuted.

Just wanted people to be aware of their scams and be careful. Even if you have Spectrum and get this call, don’t respond. Go separately to Spectrum’s website or call them using a number you trust.

Same if you get a similar message for any other company or service. Including donations during upcoming elections.

Just got a voice message saying that Spectrum is going to discontinue my 50% discount any call this number to learn more.

But I do not have and never had Spectrum so I know it is a scam.

Sickening how they do this. More sickening they are never charged and prosecuted.

Just wanted people to be aware of their scams and be careful. Even if you have Spectrum and get this call, don’t respond. Go separately to Spectrum’s website or call them using a number you trust.

Same if you get a similar message for any other company or service. Including donations during upcoming elections.
Thank the internet. A lot of this activity comes from overseas. Jamaica is actually a huge phone scam origination source. There was a great episode of Mariana Ven Zeller's "Trafficked" TV show. that woman has balls.

US police aren't going to fly to Jamaica, or whatever, to arrest anyone for what will amount to a low-level crime. Especially in today's climate. So on and on it goes.

Thank the internet. A lot of this activity comes from overseas. Jamaica is actually a huge phone scam origination source. There was a great episode of Mariana Ven Zeller's "Trafficked" TV show. that woman has balls.

US police aren't going to fly to Jamaica, or whatever, to arrest anyone for what will amount to a low-level crime. Especially in today's climate. So on and on it goes.

India is another problem country for scams. Supported by their government of course.

I miss getting real people on the line. We used to have an air horn near the phone for those people. Now I just tell them to swan dive off the roof of the building they are in.

Huge fan of hers. If others haven’t seen it, they should check it out.

Reactions: Lion84 and Obliviax
India is another problem country for scams. Supported by their government of course.

I miss getting real people on the line. We used to have an air horn near the phone for those people. Now I just tell them to swan dive off the roof of the building they are in.
We kept getting fake "Microsoft" calls from a phone number in DC.

Bride and I didn't pick up but late one Friday evening we did. She nicely but firmly did her "Please mail us info and place us on no call list" speech.

They called AGAIN in 20 minutes and wife went aggressively Jersey on them. To our shock- the "Technician" started cussing us out in a very thick South Asian accent, even suggesting that I put my manhood in my wife's sphincter.

It was as hilarious as it was upsetting- but they never called back!

Reactions: PAgeologist
We kept getting fake "Microsoft" calls from a phone number in DC.

Bride and I didn't pick up but late one Friday evening we did. She nicely but firmly did her "Please mail us info and place us on no call list" speech.

They called AGAIN in 20 minutes and wife went aggressively Jersey on them. To our shock- the "Technician" started cussing us out in a very thick South Asian accent, even suggesting that I put my manhood in my wife's sphincter.

It was as hilarious as it was upsetting- but they never called back!
In a recent episode, John Oliver showed how many of the people who make the calls are in fact victims themselves. They are human trafficked and required to make the calls. Crazy.

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister
The scammers are thrilled with the adoption of Bitcoin machines that are popping up all over. They work their magic and get their prey to deposit cash into Bitcoin machines, then send the money via Bitcoin to the scammer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT