State control hits California. is it coming your way?

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
It seems to me this is really a scary deal. California AB 2098 now allows the State to take actions against any doctors spreading "mis information or dis information". It specifically refers to Covid so I am unclear if it relates only to Covid or any treatment. What this really means is if you disagree with us we can take your license. Isn't that the definition of State Control. It specifically refers to disagreeing with CDC or FDA recommendations.
Think back over the last 12 months and the number of CDC proclamations that have proven untrue or at least open for disagreement.
. Ventilators are an appropriate treatment
. Remdisivir is a good treatment
. Vaccines will keep you from getting Covid
. Vaccines will keep you from spreading Covid
. Natural immunity doesn't exist with Covid
. Ivermectin and or Hydroxy is a dangerous treatment
. Masks are a better safety measure than a vaccine. [CDC Director Redfield]
. Young children easily spread to Covid to adults
. Schools are a huge incubator for Covid
. Toddlers 2-5 should get vaccinated
. Children 6-12 should also get vaccinated.

I don't really want to debate any specific points above but I would argue ALL of them and likely many more are either untrue or at least open for a healthy debate. If I read the bill correctly if a Dr. gave information contrary to any of the above they could be subject to sanctions and possible disbarment. How do Dr's react to that sort of threat? They toe the line and follow the rules.

For 2 years now every time Fauci, CDC et. al. changes their message we heard "this is a new virus and it is evolving and we are learning as we go". Now a Dr. could get disbarred for offering an alternative. Even my D-i-L who is 100% all in on the party line for Covid says Dr's disagree all the time. They have a 2 year old and she says some say he should get allergy shots others say wait.

What happened to don't get between a Dr. and their patient.

This is a really troubling development and IMO says at least in Ca. the CDC can dictate treatment for all Ca residents.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
It seems to me this is really a scary deal. California AB 2098 now allows the State to take actions against any doctors spreading "mis information or dis information". It specifically refers to Covid so I am unclear if it relates only to Covid or any treatment. What this really means is if you disagree with us we can take your license. Isn't that the definition of State Control. It specifically refers to disagreeing with CDC or FDA recommendations.
Think back over the last 12 months and the number of CDC proclamations that have proven untrue or at least open for disagreement.

I don't really want to debate any specific points above but I would argue ALL of them and likely many more are either untrue or at least open for a healthy debate. If I read the bill correctly if a Dr. gave information contrary to any of the above they could be subject to sanctions and possible disbarment. How do Dr's react to that sort of threat? They toe the line and follow the rules.

For 2 years now every time Fauci, CDC et. al. changes their message we heard "this is a new virus and it is evolving and we are learning as we go". Now a Dr. could get disbarred for offering an alternative. Even my D-i-L who is 100% all in on the party line for Covid says Dr's disagree all the time. They have a 2 year old and she says some say he should get allergy shots others say wait.

This is a really troubling development and IMO says at least in Ca. the CDC can dictate treatment for all Ca residents.
Yeah, that States Rights thing is a real bitch. Right?

junior1

May 29, 2001

no reason for a second opinion, just do what the state says. Wait until a republican president appoints a new fda cdc director and the governor decides he doesn't like their opinions.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Hey check out the new Pay Pal edict. Trying to fine folks $2,500 if they disagree with you. Complete censorship by the People's Republic of the United States.
they walked that back. apparently somebody inserted into pay pal's terms. At least that what their spokesperson said

Reactions: bourbon n blues

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
Who in their right mind would rely on a medical opinion dictated by the fuvked up state of California of all places???? They probably want everyone over 65 dead because we aren’t useful anymore and contribute to “climate change”.

I wouldn’t believe one freakin word coming out of a California Doctor’s mouth anymore. And if I was a California doctor, I’d move out of that state ASAP. My chance of getting sued has just gone up exponentially.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020

Which is why everyone should become nomadic until they find a state(s) that has (have) a government aligned with their thinking.

Latest posts