ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers..impressive

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
I was very impressed with how they knew where Gronkowski was on every play! Especially since they chirped all week how they were gonna be so physical with him at the LOS...geesh...that was awful. And Kudos to Todd Haley...pounding the Pats on that first series....ready to set the tone and you call for a reverse to kill a drive..loved that as well.

Apparently that reverse call came right after the Pats radio feed was being pumped into the Steelers' coaching staffs headsets. Not that it's an excuse but I would imagine it had a hand in derailing things a bit.

That is why you don't say it.

They said they were going to jam him at the line and they did that. I don't remember reading them saying they were going to hold him without a catch. The problem is Gronk is such a freak, even jamming him at the line he is still such a matchup nightmare for everyone. Steelers won't be the only team he torches this season.

I was very impressed with how they knew where Gronkowski was on every play! Especially since they chirped all week how they were gonna be so physical with him at the LOS...geesh...that was awful. And Kudos to Todd Haley...pounding the Pats on that first series....ready to set the tone and you call for a reverse to kill a drive..loved that as well.

Dumbest team ever!

The Steelers D has more holes in it than the Freeh Report

They said they were going to jam him at the line and they did that. I don't remember reading them saying they were going to hold him without a catch. The problem is Gronk is such a freak, even jamming him at the line he is still such a matchup nightmare for everyone. Steelers won't be the only team he torches this season.

I watched most of the game and unless they gave him a pb&j sandwich, there wasn't any jam that I saw. He was running as free as any TE that ever played against PSU!

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I'm just shocked that they were still even in the game. They ran the ball really well and Scobee missed two FG's. No excuse for not covering Gronk. He is hard enough to stop when you do cover him. Saw some positives last night. I thought for sure the Pat's would have put up 40 points. How long does Scobee last? He hasn't even kicked in Heinz Field yet which is probably the hardest stadium to kick in.

The trick from approximately junior high on is to STFU and play.

NATE...what was really even more impressive was how the Steelers tried to trick the Patriots by not putting a defender within 10 yds of Gronk on at least 3 catches!!!

Like I said, covering him is harder said then done. He is such a beast and a tough guy to cover. Who do you put with him? He would kill a LB with his speed, no CB/S is going to be able to handle how physical he is.

I'm just shocked that they were still even in the game. They ran the ball really well and Scobee missed two FG's. No excuse for not covering Gronk. He is hard enough to stop when you do cover him. Saw some positives last night. I thought for sure the Pat's would have put up 40 points. How long does Scobee last? He hasn't even kicked in Heinz Field yet which is probably the hardest stadium to kick in.
They are probably stuck with Scobee because he is vested. Will have to pay him if they let him go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT