ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Insane.

For what? Wtf?
Not a Steeler fan but I simply don’t get the anti-Tomlin criticism. Guy holds the record for most non/losing seasons to start a career and has never had a losing season. He also has never had a losing season. Also has won a Super Bowl and played in 2. As a long suffering Cowboys’ fan, I would take Tomlin in a New York minute.

Not a Steeler fan but I simply don’t get the anti-Tomlin criticism. Guy holds the record for most non/losing seasons to start a career and has never had a losing season. He also has never had a losing season. Also has won a Super Bowl and played in 2. As a long suffering Cowboys’ fan, I would take Tomlin in a New York minute.
🙄

He also holds the record for losing to the lousiest teams yearly. His early record came from players he didn't pick

He's one 1 with Cowher's team and then it has been a slow spiral downward since.

Whens his last playoff win?

Giants fan here, I would trade you Daboll and a 2nd round pick for Tomlin!

His inability to win in the playoffs
Think Andy Reid...he's a great coach but it might be best for all involved if he left
No other coach would still be employed with his recent playoff failures. Mediocrity shouldn't be accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: okcpokefan12
His inability to win in the playoffs
Think Andy Reid...he's a great coach but it might be best for all involved if he left
No other coach would still be employed with his recent playoff failures. Mediocrity shouldn't be accepted.
Well gee if he’s a great coach, then maybe it’s not him but the talent on the team. Who have the Steelers’ quarterbacks been since Ben retired?

• Haha

Most people would welcome Mike Tomlin to their franchise as a head coach because he has a resume that anyone would be excited about. He's a fantastic coach and has proven it over the years. Winning football games is really, really hard. People forget just how difficult it is to be as successful of a coach as Tomlin has been in Pittsburgh the same way they forget how hard it is to win in CFB and crap all over James Franklin who is considered a top 15 coach in the country. These kinds of coaches don't grow on trees like people seem to think.

Yeah well coach Bill Cowher only won 1 Super Bowl with his players, too. Coach Mike Tomlin is as good as coach Cowher is when coaching coach Cowher players and you don't see anyone crapping all over Bill Cowher.
Cowher didn't inherit a superbowl team. The Steelers averaged 1 game below 500 for 7 years before Cowher took over and they had a 7-9 team the year before he came on board.

Reactions: therod
As a Ravens fan, I'm happy for Tomlin! Great move by the Steelers, thank you!!!!

If this is an attack on Mike Tomlin from a Ravens fan I'm not sure this is hits where you think it does.

2023 - Steelers went 2-0 against the Ravens
2022 - Steelers went 1-1 against the Ravens
2021 - Steelers went 2-0 against the Ravens
2020 - Steelers went 2-0 against the Ravens

You have to go all the way back to 2019 where the Ravens beat the Steelers twice during the season. Since COVID Mike Tomlin is 7-1 against the Ravens. Maybe the Ravens would be happier if Mike Tomlin wasn't coaching the Steelers any longer because we haven't had a competent QB who can throw a ball well in years and the Ravens still can't beat the Steelers more than a single time in four years.

Most people would welcome Mike Tomlin to their franchise as a head coach because he has a resume that anyone would be excited about. He's a fantastic coach and has proven it over the years. Winning football games is really, really hard. People forget just how difficult it is to be as successful of a coach as Tomlin has been in Pittsburgh the same way they forget how hard it is to win in CFB and crap all over James Franklin who is considered a top 15 coach in the country. These kinds of coaches don't grow on trees like people seem to think.
Agree 100%! I looked up Tomlin’s career record and it is excellent. Averages to a 10-6 record. Very few head coaches over the last 30 years can say the same. It is very difficult to be above average over the long-term in college and the nfl. I am sure between 25-30 teams in the nfl would take Tomlin as their hc today. Some Steelers fans are unreasonable.

• Haha
If this is an attack on Mike Tomlin from a Ravens fan I'm not sure this is hits where you think it does.

2023 - Steelers went 2-0 against the Ravens
2022 - Steelers went 1-1 against the Ravens
2021 - Steelers went 2-0 against the Ravens
2020 - Steelers went 2-0 against the Ravens

You have to go all the way back to 2019 where the Ravens beat the Steelers twice during the season. Since COVID Mike Tomlin is 7-1 against the Ravens. Maybe the Ravens would be happier if Mike Tomlin wasn't coaching the Steelers any longer because we haven't had a competent QB who can throw a ball well in years and the Ravens still can't beat the Steelers more than a single time in four years.
I'm a Steelers fan dumb@$$. I can't stand watching my team slowly spiral down the toilet. I also hate how undisciplined they are. If they had an ounce of discipline, we'd have a couple more rings with the talent that we've had.

Reactions: WeR0206
I'm a Steelers fan dumb@$$. I can't stand watching my team slowly spiral down the toilet. I also hate how undisciplined they are. If they had an ounce of discipline, we'd have a couple more rings with the talent that we've had.

Oh, well I will add you to my spreadsheet of Yinzers then. Sorry, I didn't look at my spreadsheet of fans before posting. If I had I would have surely made sure to give you the proper respect.

• Haha
Oh, well I will add you to my spreadsheet of Yinzers then. Sorry, I didn't look at my spreadsheet of fans before posting. If I had I would have surely made sure to give you the proper respect.
A lot of Steelers fans are unhappy with Tomlin. You don't have to assume that anyone critical of him is a Ravens fan.

A lot of Steelers fans are unhappy with Tomlin. You don't have to assume that anyone critical of him is a Ravens fan.

You quoted and replied to my post. The post you replied to where you called me a dumb@ss was a response I made to someone else, not you. I don't even understand why you came at me like you did considering you quoted something I said to another poster and started arguing with me as if I had said it to you.

That or you have more than one account however the guy I had replied to, that you quoted, was an admitted Ravens fan. I am not sure why you took issue with me pointing out how bad the Ravens have been against the Steelers the last four years to a guy who admitted he is a Ravens fan. 🤷‍♂️

I like Tomlin, I think he is better than the haters give him credit for, he does win games with inferior talent but he also does lose games he shouldn't, including teh last few playoff games. I dont think the rosters have been good enough to win more than a 1st round playoff game for a long time, even with Ben. The OL and DB's have been sub par for years, especially with how they throw the ball today. I think they have finally come around to fixing those spots so he should be held more accountable moving forward

You quoted and replied to my post. The post you replied to where you called me a dumb@ss was a response I made to someone else, not you. I don't even understand why you came at me like you did considering you quoted something I said to another poster and started arguing with me as if I had said it to you.

That or you have more than one account however the guy I had replied to, that you quoted, was an admitted Ravens fan. I am not sure why you took issue with me pointing out how bad the Ravens have been against the Steelers the last four years to a guy who admitted he is a Ravens fan. 🤷‍♂️
My apologies on thinking that it was a response to me. It was directly below my post and I didn't see the post to which you had responded. I also didn't take issue with you pointing out the Steelers record against the Ravens. The only thing I took issue with was that I perceived that you assumed I was a Ravens fan.

Not really, the semi spiral down is more related to Big Ben’s deterioration and not having a QB to replace him. The QB position is more important than who the coach is IMO.
If they still had Cowher, we'd have 1 to 2 more rings with the talent that they had through Tomlin's tenure.

• Haha
Reactions: LMTLION and EPC FAN
My apologies on thinking that it was a response to me. It was directly below my post and I didn't see the post to which you had responded. I also didn't take issue with you pointing out the Steelers record against the Ravens. The only thing I took issue with was that I perceived that you assumed I was a Ravens fan.

It's all good broskie. :)

Lifelong Steelers fan here. To me the biggest frustration I have with MT is the seemingly annual loss(es) to teams he should beat. A year ago he had back to back losses to teams that were 2-10 at the time. That has never happened before in NFL history and is simply unacceptable. I remember one year he lost to really bad Cincinnati and Oakland teams. This can’t be anything other than taking bad teams lightly. These losses to bad teams have been harmful to playoff seeding and a contributing factor to the lack of playoff wins lately. And may I also point out that 8-8 or 9-7 are non losing seasons. In Pittsburgh that’s not the standard.

Mike Tomlin 173–100–2 (.633) and Bill Cowher 149–90–1 (.623). Cowher won a couple more games in the post season, but it’s awfully strange to me to see allegations that one was an all time great, and the other one hasn’t maintained the standard.

Well gee if he’s a great coach, then maybe it’s not him but the talent on the team. Who have the Steelers’ quarterbacks been since Ben retired?
You act like Ben has been gone the entire team. He continually flopped with a HOF QB. This is the equivalent of not understanding why Andy Reid was sent out of Philly

Mike Tomlin 173–100–2 (.633) and Bill Cowher 149–90–1 (.623). Cowher won a couple more games in the post season, but it’s awfully strange to me to see allegations that one was an all time great, and the other one hasn’t maintained the standard.
It the inability to win or really even be competitive in the post season. Going 10-7 or 9-8 yearly and losing in the first round doesn't mean anything. An occasional top 10 pick is important unless you're winning or contending for titles. We're the definition of mediocre

Fail.

Lifelong Steelers fan here. To me the biggest frustration I have with MT is the seemingly annual loss(es) to teams he should beat. A year ago he had back to back losses to teams that were 2-10 at the time. That has never happened before in NFL history and is simply unacceptable. I remember one year he lost to really bad Cincinnati and Oakland teams. This can’t be anything other than taking bad teams lightly. These losses to bad teams have been harmful to playoff seeding and a contributing factor to the lack of playoff wins lately. And may I also point out that 8-8 or 9-7 are non losing seasons. In Pittsburgh that’s not the standard.
I think those consistent losses to bad teams is lack of discipline and focus. He has the talent to have gotten at least 1-2 more rings. He's just not locked in. He wants to be a players' coach, i.e. their friend. No, get their a$$e$ locked in. You want to act in their best interests, make them their best every game.

Reactions: Ski and OKLionFan
Cowher took a team that was 51-60 in the 7 years prior to his arrival to produce that winning percentage.

Tomlin took a team that was 72-39 in the 7 years prior to his arrival to produce that winning percentage.

There is a huge difference. Cowher inherited a below average team. Tomlin inherited a team that most years was at or very near the top of its division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT