ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Insane.

It the inability to win or really even be competitive in the post season. Going 10-7 or 9-8 yearly and losing in the first round doesn't mean anything. An occasional top 10 pick is important unless you're winning or contending for titles. We're the definition of mediocre
As a Giants fan, sign me up for that definition of mediocre. My team has whiffed at QB and will not admit it. We have had a poor o-line for over a decade. The defense folds in big games. No playmakers at wr. Saquon goes to a hated rival. It is frustrating. At least 25 teams in this league would take Tomlin’s ”mediocrity.”

Reactions: SR108
As a Giants fan, sign me up for that definition of mediocre. My team has whiffed at QB and will not admit it. We have had a poor o-line for over a decade. The defense folds in big games. No playmakers at wr. Saquon goes to a hated rival. It is frustrating. At least 25 teams in this league would take Tomlin’s ”mediocrity.”

When he's finally fired, the 25 teams can have his sorry azz.

Until they wanted more...no matter where your team is you want and expect improvement. The Giants would love 9-8 and 10-7 for a couple years then be angry. You can't lose in the playoffs every year and keep your job. Name another coach with less playoff success over the past 5 years that is still with their team...

I don't know Tomlin's level of input into player personnel but the Steelers haven't drafted as well as they have in recent years. My understanding is that the new people are emphasizing OL and DL in player acquisition. This is a shift from QB, CB, RB, WR.

Reactions: bison13
Mike Tomlin 173–100–2 (.633) and Bill Cowher 149–90–1 (.623). Cowher won a couple more games in the post season, but it’s awfully strange to me to see allegations that one was an all time great, and the other one hasn’t maintained the standard.
Oh FFS what are you trying to imply here? How many yrs in a row did Cowher go without winning a playoff game once he got the team to a respectable level?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT