ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers.

Chargers just gave up 63 to Vegas--maybe they'd give us a mid-round pick for Tomlin?
I'd trade George Pickens for literally anything or cut him
Steelers either need to write a blank check to Kirk Cousins, If he refuses then sign Gardner Minshew or trade for a young guy that may need a second chance (Davis Mills, Zach Wilson, etc,). Honestly, if we head into the season with Pickett as our QB next year it's time to find a new team to root for until the make changes

Pens also need to fire Sullivan--and that's been true for a very long time. Sad state of Pittsburgh pro sports right now.

I don't think that's bad. What else is he supposed to do? Let the guy roll into his legs and knock him down? I see players do that a lot.

OTOH, look at this INT. Pickens is the WR. Trubisky overthrew him for an INT. Watch Pickens chase the interceptor. It looks like he starts to run in a different direction than the interceptor. I don't know if he's anticipating the interceptor running that way so Pickens is going there first or if Pickens sees his teammate will probably make the tackle so he's starting to run off the field but it looks like the latter.

The Steelers have become unwatchable if you were a fan in the 1970s.

Many cite Tomlin's early success, but I think he owes that to three people (and certainly to the Rooney's for hiring him into a good situation):
  • The drafting and disciplined players from Bill Cowher
  • The defensive coaching of Dick LeBeau
  • Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger
They are all gone now, and we can see the difference it has made.

Roethlisberger could make the offense serviceable even with a weak offensive line, because he was just so good at the quick passing game and finding the open man, while being hard to bring down. He could call the plays too, having a feel for the rhythm of the game by being on the field. He could sustain drives as a passer, and made mediocre defenses look better by keeping them on the bench.

The Steelers are now like any other middle of the pack NFL team. Very low odds of going the distance on any given year.

They need to restore the pieces lost since those successful teams. Kenny Pickett is not Big Ben. Doesn't have the strength nor the accuracy, though he does move well. The backups are even worse. None of them will perform well without an extraordinary offensive line, and that piece is missing too.

Yesterday we could see what happens when the offense is anemic. They looked like PSU playing OSU or Michigan.

I don't think that's bad. What else is he supposed to do? Let the guy roll into his legs and knock him down? I see players do that a lot.
Watch stars like Kupp, St Brown, Chase, etc. that block 100% on every play. Pickens and DJ need to give more effort in the run game. That's part of their job.

Watch stars like Kupp, St Brown, Chase, etc. that block 100% on every play. Pickens and DJ need to give more effort in the run game. That's part of their job.
Maybe he wasn't blocking earlier in the play, I don't know, but by that part they showed at the end of the play the DB is making the tackle his blocking is over. Maybe he it was a better blocker the DB wouldn't have been close enough to make the tackle but I don't think we can tell by that clip.

Maybe he wasn't blocking earlier in the play, I don't know, but by that part they showed at the end of the play the DB is making the tackle his blocking is over. Maybe he it was a better blocker the DB wouldn't have been close enough to make the tackle but I don't think we can tell by that clip.
The run is coming in his direction and he's standing still not engaged. Kupp, St Brown, Chase and others would be driving them backwards or at least trying. That is his responsibility. If he's unable or unwilling to block he shouldn't be playing. We've seen all year that neither him or DJ are committed to run blocking. Coaches like McVay would have them on the bench until it changed.

The clip of him running off in the opposite direction after the pick is enough to bench him

• Love
Reactions: Ski

The jump isn’t the issue. The clip starts off with him trying to block the guy with one hand while standing completely flat footed. That’s a touchdown if he even throws a shitty block on his defender. Glad I’m not a Steelers fan. Keep waiving those towels to remind yourselves how terrible you are.

losing back to back games at home to teams that are having crappy seasons of their own says it all. Tomlin has no control over this team. and the worst thing of this all is this happens every year it seems like for the last four or five years and it’s not getting better. Rooney needs to clean house.

Reactions: Ski and joeaubie21
GET RID OF TOMLIN!!!!!
Unfortunately I’ve come to realize that Roethlisberger carried him for years and he is just not a very good coach. I had some issues with Ben but he was an elite QB in his prime and had the ability to extend plays and overcome a lot of the teams deficiencies. Tomlin has made horrible yes men type hires and is clueless about offense.

Unfortunately I’ve come to realize that Roethlisberger carried him for years and he is just not a very good coach. I had some issues with Ben but he was an elite QB in his prime and had the ability to extend plays and overcome a lot of the teams deficiencies. Tomlin has made horrible yes men type hires and is clueless about offense.
Or, the Steelers currently have 3 shit quarterbacks. All 3 suck in their own ways but equally. Plus their wide receivers act like bitches.

Reactions: joeaubie21
GET RID OF TOMLIN!!!!!
Chicago Pd Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

The Steelers have become unwatchable if you were a fan in the 1970s.

Many cite Tomlin's early success, but I think he owes that to three people (and certainly to the Rooney's for hiring him into a good situation):
  • The drafting and disciplined players from Bill Cowher
  • The defensive coaching of Dick LeBeau
  • Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger
They are all gone now, and we can see the difference it has made.

Roethlisberger could make the offense serviceable even with a weak offensive line, because he was just so good at the quick passing game and finding the open man, while being hard to bring down. He could call the plays too, having a feel for the rhythm of the game by being on the field. He could sustain drives as a passer, and made mediocre defenses look better by keeping them on the bench.

The Steelers are now like any other middle of the pack NFL team. Very low odds of going the distance on any given year.

They need to restore the pieces lost since those successful teams. Kenny Pickett is not Big Ben. Doesn't have the strength nor the accuracy, though he does move well. The backups are even worse. None of them will perform well without an extraordinary offensive line, and that piece is missing too.

Yesterday we could see what happens when the offense is anemic. They looked like PSU playing OSU or Michigan.
Pickett is maybe a worse Neil O'Donnell or Kordel Stewartl. There is no way the Steelers can legitimately compete for a SB with Pickett. Game over until the QB position is solved. That could be years or I don't know when. Unfortunately because no team is stupid enough to trade away a franchise QB and we can't get high enough in the draft to get one of the top 2 college guys.

The Steelers have not stocked the coaching rooms with quality guys. Tomlin inherited two hall of famers in Dick LeBeau and Bruce Arians.. Tomlin has no coaching tree and his assistants usually leave due to ineffectiveness.

Reactions: shifix
Pickett is maybe a worse Neil O'Donnell or Kordel Stewartl. There is no way the Steelers can legitimately compete for a SB with Pickett. Game over until the QB position is solved. That could be years or I don't know when. Unfortunately because no team is stupid enough to trade away a franchise QB and we can't get high enough in the draft to get one of the top 2 college guys.

I think Pickett can be better than those two, maybe even a ceiling of Kirk Cousins. BUT if he does reach that ceiling, it'll probably take another 5 years and 2 more teams to get there.

Chargers just gave up 63 to Vegas--maybe they'd give us a mid-round pick for Tomlin?
I'd trade George Pickens for literally anything or cut him
Steelers either need to write a blank check to Kirk Cousins, If he refuses then sign Gardner Minshew or trade for a young guy that may need a second chance (Davis Mills, Zach Wilson, etc,). Honestly, if we head into the season with Pickett as our QB next year it's time to find a new team to root for until the make changes

Pens also need to fire Sullivan--and that's been true for a very long time. Sad state of Pittsburgh pro sports right now.
The Chargers next coach is all set. It will be Jim Harbaugh and will be announced after the bowl games.

I believe the Steelers offseason approach wrt Tomlin will be similar to what PSU (and Pitt) did. Retain the head coach and hire a new offensive coordinator. Tomlin only has 1 year left on his contract so it will be interesting to see the terms of the extension given the current teams performance.

That will give Pickett another year of development while Omar and Andy look to develop and enhance KP's supporting cast. If it doesn't appear that Kenny is the answer, the Steelers will go back to the draft in hopes of picking the right Purdy good QB.

Much like RB's, I think teams are assessing using QB's on their first year contract and surrounding them with more experienced and higher quality weapons. If you find your next franchise QB, then you keep and extend.

The San Francisco model if you will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT