ADVERTISEMENT

Suspected U of Idaho killer arrested in Scranton.

I wonder if this board could have contributed to the killers interest in Scranton with the Boilo, Pizza and Sandwich threads ??

A Ph.D. student by the same name is listed in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University, which is a short drive across the state line from the University of Idaho. Messages seeking more information were left for officials at WSU.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Call me crazy but I think Fox is trying to tie it to Scranton. Stretch? Maybe. But being from Scranton, I don’t want this psycho connected to my hometown.
That is where he was arrested. Since the murders took place 2,500 miles away, it is part of the story.

Several years ago, I lived in Bath Ohio, and woke up when a CNN truck pulled into my driveway to turn around. It turned out that a guy who went to high school with Jeffrey Dahmer lived a few doors away. The Dahmer news broke and they were all over the place trying to get people to talk about what Jeffrey was like.

CNN mentions it

ABC

A Ph.D. student by the same name is listed in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University, which is a short drive across the state line from the University of Idaho. Messages seeking more information were left for officials at WSU.
It’s been reported he’s a phd student in criminal justice at Washington State.

That is where he was arrested. Since the murders took place 2,500 miles away, it is part of the story.

CNN mentions it

ABC
I heard he was arrested at his home in Albrightsville. It’s about equidistant between Scranton and Allentown. They retrieved his car from the home. My guess is that FBI Scranton assisted. He’s being held in Monroe County Jail - not Lackawanna County where Scranton is. I didn’t see Scranton listed in the CNN or ABC articles.

I heard he was arrested at his home in Albrightsville. It’s about equidistant between Scranton and Allentown. They retrieved his car from the home. My guess is that FBI Scranton assisted. He’s being held in Monroe County Jail - not Lackawanna County where Scranton is. I didn’t see Scranton listed in the CNN or ABC articles.
maybe the article was changed but this is the only reference to Scranton in the OP link:

Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, was taken into custody by local police and the FBI at 3 a.m. in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the law enforcement source said Friday.​
So their "source", whomever that is, told them "Scranton". it may have been someone in Idaho who looked at a map and saw the closest city with national name recognition was Scranton.

RequiredIllustriousIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

I just read he was arrested in chestnuthill Twp, which is south of I80 and west of route 33 in Monroe County where he appeared in court. Chestnuthill is just north of Nazareth. A little close to home for me.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I
He was arrested in IML (Indian Mountain Lake) development. Thats the development I live in and the home is a few roads over from my house. I have a post from the Asc office explaining the FBI presence last night but I dont know how to post it on my phone.
believe you are in Chestnuthill Twp., right?

He was arrested in IML (Indian Mountain Lake) development. Thats the development I live in and the home is a few roads over from my house. I have a post from the Asc office explaining the FBI presence last night but I dont know how to post it on my phone.
So….. you’re admitting you dropped the ball? ;) We could have had a replay last night of the Boston bomber thread where posters from the Boston area were keeping everyone up to date in real time.

No, its not Chestnuthill Twp. Reports have been getting this wrong all day. IML straddles two counties; Monroe and Carbon counties. His house is on the Monroe side. (Im in Carbon). The arrest record gave the address and listed it as Effort. Effort is in Chestnuthill Twp. His house is in Albrightsville, Effort may have been used as a mailing address although I believe listing Effort was an error.

believe you are in Chestnuthill Twp., right?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Fox News is showing aerial photos of the house. Still lots of snow there.

Reactions: deridealldems
Yeah, we get a ton of snow here as we're on the top of the mountain. IML is a gated community. Residents had reported that media is not only blocking the main access road to the gate but arguing with security to try and gain entrance. (Most likely why there's helicopters in the area getting footage).
How's that for irony? We keep our criminals safe.

When I originally saw this post earlier in the day, I thought this was going to be a humorous post referencing the Scranton Strangler from The Office. Man I was waaaaaaay off.

I hope the community of Moscow and the families of these four students have some peace now and ultimately get all the answers they need for closure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT