ADVERTISEMENT

SVB Bank -- Canary in Coal Mine on danger of DEI policies used as substitute for merit and competence.

dailybuck777

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2018
Here is SVB at work through a risk manager:

“The phrase ‘You can’t be what you can’t see’ resonates with me,’” Ersapah (SVB risk management employee) was quoted as saying on the company website.

“As a queer person of color and a first-generation immigrant from a working-class background, there were not many role models for me to ‘see’ growing up.”

Her efforts as the company’s European LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group co-chair earned her a spot on SVB’s “outstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists 2022,” a list shared in a company post just four months before the bank was shut down by federal authorities over liquidity fears." https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/silic...ad,could have led to the SVB’s dramatic failure.

We already have the spectacle of a totally incompetent vice-president and ignorant press secretary who have attained their positions solely on account of their race. Maybe during this banking crisis, it will become apparent that merit and competence matters and that appointing people on the basis of political diversity sentiments is not sustainable in the real world where real work must be done and real responsibility exercised.

It is also noteworthy that Signature Bank decided to virtue signal after Jan. 6 and told Trump to close out his accounts there. (Something for which Trump is probably grateful now)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News