ADVERTISEMENT

Takedown Wrestling slams Cael "should wrestling pander to Cael?"

In case you're wondering what you've missed:

Five B1G coaches backed out of Bowl Duals.
Sanderson refuses to be on show.
JRob "We wanted the event to be revenue sharing, but Penn State wanted to keep it all"
Tom Ryan "I think Cael wants what's best for wrestling". Scott Casber "I'd like to see it".

JRob "We wanted the event to be revenue sharing, but Penn State wanted to keep it all"
Tom Ryan "I think Cael wants what's best for wrestling". Scott Casber "I'd like to see it".
Discuss amongst yourself.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Brian Smith "The NCAA wanted to run the Duals but some coaches objected. It's hard to make it happen when coaches are just out for themselves.

"Five B1G coaches backed out of Bowl Duals." And what were their reasons? Did they say it was related to Cael?
"Sanderson refuses to be on show." It seems you are drawing a nefarious conclusion for this, why?
"JRob "We wanted the event to be revenue sharing, but Penn State wanted to keep it all" I'll bet JRob did and who are this "we"? Did Brands want this to be revenue sharing?
"Tom Ryan "I think Cael wants what's best for wrestling". Scott Casber "I'd like to see it" How about that, a difference of opinion. Who'da thought?

I'm beginning to think there is more than one reason why gophers are varmints.

Reactions: Creek Side
There are a lot of prima donnas in college coaching, but I don't think Cael is one of them. Tom Ryan is right Cael wants what is best for wrestling. UVU, Rider, CSUB.

Reactions: lionlover
"Five B1G coaches backed out of Bowl Duals."

This flunks the sniff test. The 8 best conference schools all participated. Are they really saying 5 of the 6 worst teams pulled out preemptively? (Or is Jammen trying to flame us yet again?)

No need to read further. Life is too short.

Sanderson refuses to be on show? Maybe he had a schedule conflict due to prior commitments....maybe he feels he has other more pressing priorities at the moment than discussing an event that is already over (I know J-Rob doesn't have to worry about B1Gs or Nationals as he has probably resigned himself to the Goofs sucking at this point....). Also love how J-Rob presumes to talk for all of D1 wrestling with his "We wanted" bull-shat - lol, too funny, okay J-Rob, whatever you say because whatever you say goes.....and all that......yawn.

The B1G schools that didn't participate were Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Which of those coaches "backed out"?

"Five B1G coaches backed out of Bowl Duals."

This flunks the sniff test. The 8 best conference schools all participated. Are they really saying 5 of the 6 worst teams pulled out preemptively? (Or is Jammen trying to flame us yet again?)

No need to read further. Life is too short.

No doubt, easy for them to "pull out" as there was nothing for them to "pull out" of, nor any invitation to reject, LMFAO! I'm also guessing they were some of the "we" that wanted to "revenue share" along with Chief J-Rob.....yawn, the "traditional b1g" pukes and their tactics/antics are so predictable and gauche.

jammenz, I was feeling sorry for you for the state of the Gopher program, but now you have gone to just flat out posting LIES, which makes you someone no longer worth wasting sympathy on, or for that matter wasting anything so you go where I should have put you a long time ago, on ignore. I suggest all PSU posters do the same. Then jammenz can do what he does best, post and responds to his own posts himself, while the rest of life on in bliss at not haven't to know he exists.

Hmmm Takedown Wrestling of Des Moines, IA is discussing nation's top collegiate coach? Interesting, I guess....

Reactions: lionlover
Cael Sanderson gets paid a lot of money to do what's in the best interest of Penn State wrestling, NOT the NWCA. Any coach that criticizes him for not selling out his team for other priorities need to take a hard look in the mirror.

As for Casber's show, the guy is a buffoon. I don't blame Cael for avoiding it.

Last edited:
Poor JRob. His bitterness just got showcased by a high school senior on Twitter:

I actually liked how Coach JRob so easily and readily admitted going to Penn State was what was best for Mark Hall. Give the man credit. It is a big man who can so easily, and publicly admit his program was not the best choice for the best wrestler in the state of Minnesota.

The B1G schools that didn't participate were Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Which of those coaches "backed out"?
They didn't say which schools opted out, but the comment was repeated often by hosts Casber, Hagen, Johnson, Foster and by guests Dresser, Ryan, Robinson, Popolizio, Smith, Bentley.
We do know that one of the schools was #13 Illinois who was replaced by Minny. Four of these five schools also refused to sign the contract; Wisc, Pur, NU, MD, MI St.
Brands, Robinson, and Ryan have all said they don't like the Bowl Duals. This thing is dead as it currently is set up. All the traveling schools will be furious as they spent $20-30,000 traveling expenses and received no gate receipts.

Why does anyone even respond to such nonsense posted such as this? A pure waste of your time to even defend or respond to this post.

Why does anyone even respond to such nonsense posted such as this? A pure waste of your time to even defend or respond to this post.
It keeps the jester coming back to provide more entertainment.
medium-smiley-113.gif

Reactions: Creek Side
I actually liked how Coach JRob so easily and readily admitted going to Penn State was what was best for Mark Hall. Give the man credit. It is a big man who can so easily, and publicly admit his program was not the best choice for the best wrestler in the state of Minnesota.

Did he? Him (Mark Hall) leaving Minnesota didn't put the best face on Minnesota wrestling.

Reactions: diggerpup
No doubt, easy for them to "pull out" as there was nothing for them to "pull out" of, nor any invitation to reject, LMFAO! I'm also guessing they were some of the "we" that wanted to "revenue share" along with Chief J-Rob.....yawn, the "traditional b1g" pukes and their tactics/antics are so predictable and gauche.

I was disappointed to learn you've pulled your name from contention for the presidential nomination. As well as the NFL draft. And shame on you for rejecting your Oscars invitation....

Reactions: Onceafish
Did he? Him (Mark Hall) leaving Minnesota didn't put the best face on Minnesota wrestling.
JRob said, "I like Mark Hall, but Mark Hall is going to what is best for Mark Hall."
Mark selected Penn State and JRob acknowledged Mark did what was best for Mark. Like I said it takes a big man to acknowledge going to Penn State and not Minnesota was what was best for Mark Hall.

Some might argue like numerous times in the past JRob's mouth may have kicked into gear prior to his brain being turned on, but I like to think J meant it just like he said it.

They didn't say which schools opted out, but the comment was repeated often by hosts Casber, Hagen, Johnson, Foster and by guests Dresser, Ryan, Robinson, Popolizio, Smith, Bentley.
We do know that one of the schools was #13 Illinois who was replaced by Minny. Four of these five schools also refused to sign the contract; Wisc, Pur, NU, MD, MI St.
Brands, Robinson, and Ryan have all said they don't like the Bowl Duals. This thing is dead as it currently is set up. All the traveling schools will be furious as they spent $20-30,000 traveling expenses and received no gate receipts.

Gee, tell me genius, how did they pay for those travel expenses when they NWCA held it as an advancement tournament where 100% of the teams had to travel and barely anyone showed?

Last edited:
I agree. The traveling schools deserve some traveling expense reimbursement.

Many on this board know a lot more about wrestling than me, however I know what a troll looks like. I think Pajamas( aka Gophers wrestling is in the toilet ) got a few of you hook line and sinker.

All the participating schools signed a two year contract. Next year 8 B1G schools will travel (with a $5,000 travel expense) voucher and the home schools will get the gate receipts. If there is a next year.

All the participating schools signed a two year contract. Next year 8 B1G schools will travel (with a $5,000 travel expense) voucher and the home schools will get the gate receipts. If there is a next year.

You really miss those massive, enormous gate receipts from when the NWCA was running it as an advancement tournament at a single site forcing everyone to travel......don't you? LOL o_O

Anyone know what share and rating were for Penn State vs OSU? I wish BTN had the Iowa Lehigh match on. Another missed opportunity.

Cael Sanderson gets paid a lot of money to do what's in the best interest of Penn State wrestling, NOT the NWCA. Any coach that criticizes him for not selling out his team for other priorities need to take a hard look in the mirror.

As for Casber's show, the guy is a buffoon. I don't blame Cael for avoiding it.

Slow down please gentlemen. Scott Casber is a very good personal friend of mine, and has always been highly complimentary of Cael as both a wrestler and coach. The two men have a solid relationship- Scott announced the home ISU dual meets when Cael was the head coach at ISU. I really think Jammez is trying to paint a scene that doesn't exist. I will admit to not having heard the whole context, but Scott is not some anti-Cael idiot from HR. Scott is an Iowa fan, but not "that" type of Iowa fan. He is still a huge ISU and UNI fan as well, and has great admiration for the PSU program though not a fan. He was one of the first people to admit that the landscape was going to really change when Cael went to PSU. He, like so many of us, was a little butt hurt when Cael left, but can you guys really hate him for that? It was a tough time for the ISU program and the people who love that program. Scott is in that camp. Just my two cents.

Reactions: burnsie1983
That may be true, but Scott Casber was very anti-Cael, in this episode. He started the show off calling Cael a prima dona. He said Cael didn't have wrestling's best interest at heart. When Coach Ryan differed, Scott said he'd like to see it. These were Scott's views and not his guests.
There was discussion on sharing revenue. It wasn't clear. JRob seemed to be talking about sharing amongst all the teams involved. Ryan was talking about growing the Duals and then sharing amongst all DI teams, I believe, like football does with bowl money. Casber didn't clear it up, so I don't know. He did react negatively when JRob said Call wanted it all. What did that mean? I don't know. It wasn't cleared up. Did JRob want PSU and Iowa to share their gate with the visiting teams? Was there any travel aid? Did he want some of that money going to Minnesota?
I just got a bad vibe from Casber. Maybe it was my pro PSU bias tainting my view.

I apologize for not having the link available on TakedownWrestle.com, but for any wanting to go back and listen I will post the link below and you can fast forward to the 32 minute mark which is when J Rob joined Tom Ryan on the show.

IMO, this is what happens when you are successful. One can call Cael (or Brands) selfish but they have the largest fan bases and recent success...why kowtow to the NWCA unless it favors them? Sounds like somebody just wants to wet their beak.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT