ADVERTISEMENT

Team added to schedule 2028

doctornick

Sep 4, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:
Penn State will be playing UMass on Sept 16, 2028. This completes the non-conference schedule that season, along with Syracuse and Ball State

Can I book my airfare reserve a hotel room and buy my tickets now?

algvmt.gif

Penn State will be playing UMass on Sept 16, 2028. This completes the non-conference schedule that season, along with Syracuse and Ball State

Another crappy home game. People need to not attend to send a message.

Reactions: mnuccio2
Will sell out. By then CFB will be even more popular than today, and as we have been told many times by you, it will be better. To hell with quality, not an issue.

This is the future you need to embrace because it is here.
You're not making the point here that you think you are--tons of people will go they just shouldn't because of the quality of the opponent.
Hopefully by 2028--the NCAA no longer exists, and these games won't either.

You're not making the point here that you think you are--tons of people will go they just shouldn't because of the quality of the opponent.
Hopefully by 2028--the NCAA no longer exists, and these games won't either.
Are you serious? Quality of opponent? This game could have playoff implications, a strong performance by UConn could be the difference in them making the newly expanded 64 + 32 team playoff. More is better, right?

You need to embrace the future or find another sport to follow.

Unless the cfb playoff system accounts for out of conference schedule strength, it is simply not worth scheduling top tier opponents.

Reactions: bison13
Are you serious? Quality of opponent? This game could have playoff implications, a strong performance by UConn could be the difference in them making the newly expanded 64 + 32 team playoff. More is better, right?

You need to embrace the future or find another sport to follow.
You're trying way too hard. When all that happens and I don't accept it you let me know.

This is what you get with superconferences and 12 team playoffs. There is almost zero upside to difficult nonconference games when you play in the Big 10 or SEC. The goal is to make the playoffs and when your conference schedule generally will feature a handful of top 10 teams the objective of these nonconference games is to simply win them all, strength of schedule be damned. Another FU to the ticket holders but they don't care, they get more money from other sources.

If I recall, back when we had a 10 game schedule that there would be a couple of scrimmage games that were played with a lower quality team. They wouldn't be attended. We still have the scrimmage games, except for they've monetized them. It also pads the stats for players and team, which is used for recruitment and coaches pay. There was also a freshman team that played a limited schedule that gave them experience playing opponents. But, maybe I'm wrong.

This is what you get with superconferences and 12 team playoffs. There is almost zero upside to difficult nonconference games when you play in the Big 10 or SEC. The goal is to make the playoffs and when your conference schedule generally will feature a handful of top 10 teams the objective of these nonconference games is to simply win them all, strength of schedule be damned. Another FU to the ticket holders but they don't care, they get more money from other sources.
That's simply false. Teams will be penalized for weak schedules.

Would those be the same customers who complain on here all the time about almost anything? Is PSU giving UMass a home and home? Still haven’t figured this out I see.
I don’t understand your point but it’s moot anyway. They lost me as an alum and long time customer and they’ll likely never get me or my family back.

At least play a team like VA Tech, Pitt, or WVU. Still easy games but have at least some excitement.

When I was young and relatively poor, games like UMass were the only ones I could afford tickets to. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled Eastern Michigan, Colgate, and Youngstown State, etc., yearning to make a buck for a road game."

I never had enough NLC points back then to get tickets to the quality games. That is why the stadium stayed relatively full for crap games. It was us poor folks just wanting to be able to experience a home game without breaking the bank.

When I was young and relatively poor, games like UMass were the only ones I could afford tickets to. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled Eastern Michigan, Colgate, and Youngstown State, etc., yearning to make a buck for a road game."

I never had enough NLC points back then to get tickets to the quality games. That is why the stadium stayed relatively full for crap games. It was us poor folks just wanting to be able to experience a home game without breaking the bank.
Probably still holds true. I'd imagine you can find seats for these games on the resale market for $20.

Reactions: bison13

Yep and perfect games to bring your kids to.

Reactions: Ski
Probably still holds true. I'd imagine you can find seats for these games on the resale market for $20.
Less than that. You get the Beaver Stadium experience for $15 vs Kent State on different sites. I went to economical games like that in the years right after graduation. Unfortunately that included the infamous Toledo game.

Less than that. You get the Beaver Stadium experience for $15 vs Kent State on different sites. I went to economical games like that in the years right after graduation. Unfortunately that included the infamous Toledo game.
No value for season ticket holders. Non-competitive, uninspiring matchup if you go. Financial hit if you don’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT