ADVERTISEMENT

Temple...what am i missing

mnuccio2

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2004
Why are so many people on here glad to see Temple doing so well? I ger it they flat out beat us. They are the best team in the state this year. They are ranked. They are the talk of the town. But still????

Am I the only one sick of hearing about Temple? No way we should have ever lost to Temple. That shows how far PSU football has fallen. Our coaches and team were out matched by Temple. With that said, I'm sick of hearing about them. Who cares if they have a good season.

Arent fans on here worried about Temple becoming a new hot spot in PA for kids. Philly has a lot to offer to the young crowd. They have hot shot coach who is the talk of the town. Temple is getting major TV time. I just don't see why PSU fans are rooting for them. Don't you realize they could become a threat to PSU. Sure I am worried.

I just don't get it? Would you root for Pitt? Why would you want any other instate team to do well? What advantage does that do for PSU? Please explain? Temple doing well/great only hurts PSU, so please explain the obsession with rooting for them or posting about them. I get it if you have kids that go to school there, but for the average fan to be rooting for Temple...just doesn't make sense.

Im not jumping off the ledge and saying Temple will steal all our recruits, but lets face it they are a hot team right now and PSU should be worried. The days of PSU dominating are long gone. The new generation of "kids" knows nothing about PSU dominating college football. Hell the last time we dominated "2005" these kids were 8 years old.

Just as fast as PSU turned their program around under JoePa...temple can do the same. They are in our recruiting area. I think a lot of PSU fans get suck in the past with our success. We haven't done a damn thing in 10 years. That's a long time in college football. I don't want to hear about 2008. We blew it.

I just don't get it. I'm sick of hearing about Temple at work, on the news, TV commercials, etc. PSU gets NO publicity in the philly area and we have a huge alumni following. Temple is the NEW team, and I feel they are here to stay. PSU better watch out in my opinion. Therefore, rooting for them is silly. I hope ND crushes them to bring them down to reality.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. That's fine. Plus who has Temple beaten to deserved to be ranked? PSU? We are not a good team right now. That's a fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News