ADVERTISEMENT

The "I voted in the alumni trustees election" thread w/ help if no ballot

91Joe95

Aug 15, 2003
Done. No ballot yet? See below (thanks to Bob78's post):

balloting for the election begins today, April 10 and will conclude on Thursday, May 5. You need to request a ballot to be eligible to vote. If you previously requested a ballot, the ballot will be automatically sent to your e-mail address.

However, if you need to request a ballot, here is the link on the official Penn State Alumni Association website.

http://www.psu.edu/trustees/2016election/index.html

You do not have to be a member of the alumni association to vote but just a Penn State graduate. If you have questions, you can contact the association through Votenet 866-307-0041.

You do not have to be a member of the alumni association to vote but just a Penn State graduate. If you have questions, you can contact the association through Votenet 866-307-0041.
This isn't the case. I've voted the last three or four years despite not having a degree from our distinguished institution. You have to have been a full-time student for X semesters. Being there for three years is evidently time enough.

Reactions: 91Joe95
This isn't the case. I've voted the last three or four years despite not having a degree from our distinguished institution. You have to have been a full-time student for X semesters. Being there for three years is evidently time enough.
Actually, I think it is just one semester

But, if that is the case (you are not an "alumni"), you cannot vote if you are currently enrolled (i.e. An existing student)

Correct. Sub the word 'alumnae' for graduate. Alumnae means 1 or more semesters of attendance iirc. There may be further qualifications (must have been in good standing for that semester, e.g.).

Ballot cast (clicked) a couple of minutes ago. Shame that Larry withdrew, but given the knowledge that any potential splitting of the vote among 4 good candidates increases the possibility of an Old Guard bootlicker getting enough votes to get a spot at the table - one of OUR SPOTS at the table - makes my admiration for Mr. Shultz even greater.

I thought that too but wasn't sure. Tom took the trouble of explaining the ins and outs last year, or the year before, and it's my recollection that he said one semester. Or two. Well, I just voted. It took a hell of a lot of restraint on my part to not write in Lawrence M. Schultz, '80.
IIRC - It is One Semester, or Two Terms (for those of us as old as I - who remember when PSU used the quarterly term system.)

balloting for the election begins today, April 10 and will conclude on Thursday, May 5. You need to request a ballot to be eligible to vote. If you previously requested a ballot, the ballot will be automatically sent to your e-mail address.

However, if you need to request a ballot, here is the link on the official Penn State Alumni Association website.

Voted last night, Oldsey, Brown, Doran.

Is there a link that explains who this blog encourages us to vote for and why? I see who Delcolion voted for above but wondered what tips are out there. I got my email to vote today.

Bump. Get those votes in!!!!

87-289Fr.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT