ADVERTISEMENT

The rest of the regular season

BobE

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
What the "odds" tell me is that we have the talent and maturity to finish the regular season 11-1.
Two points away from a perfect record. Now I don't expect all the games to be blow-outs. MSU may be close, and hard fought. As much as some may dislike MD, their HC, he knows how to coach and attack weaknesses. As well, one or two of the other games may find us falling behind early, due to turn-overs and a few big plays. It's hard not to have one or two of those games each year. But we have the ability to come back.

So finishing 11-1 would speak volumes about the players, coaches, and direction of PSU football. It would firmly establish CJF as the leader of PSU football for years to come. And mark Penn State as a top destination for top hs football players nationwide.

And, there is enough time remaining in this season for 1-2 new "stars" to emerge, hopefully in places we need them the most. But, there is also the possibility of continued injuries to weaken the team and further affect performance. Nothing can be taken for granted. Such is CFB in the BT.

So now is the time for our young talent to once again show their mettle. Their golden opportunities come faster than in the past. And the kids we are now recruiting know that, too. If I were an OL, DL. DE or LBer, Id be eager to join this young juggernaut, right now. And with all that talent, the other positions can only benefit. I don't think we will see one player dominate the offense like SB is doing this year. When he moves on, the more normal diversity of talent will replace him.

Back in the preseason, many on here thought this team could well finish with 3-4 losses. Right now, it looks like they could well be proven wrong, as CJF etal take yet another giant step into the future. A very bright future.

Reactions: grahamtarnold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News