ADVERTISEMENT

The rest of the season

Let's try it in a better light for Seth -- he's willing to give up the shirt if he can be guaranteed he's the guy for B1Gs (and thus NCAAs), but the staff will not make the guarantee because Cassar wants to fight to the end. So the shirt stays on. Again, purely a hypothetical doomsday scenario for us fans.
I hope all this remains hypothetical because I may be ashamed of myself and how I'd react to that. Lol.

Conel at 285? The guy with 1-2 injuries that wouldn’t exactly be helped by rolling with guys going 30-70 pounds more? That’d be cruel.
I don't k ow why all these hypotheticals are about. None of it is real have patience. I know this may sound cliche but I think Cael is the best coach in the country if not the planet. He will make things work out the best possible way for his guys and his team. All we have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride

Trying to address a couple of things.

Nova was trying to explain NCAA qualifying, but let’s pretend none meet even bronze standard:

Cassar, Snacks and Kerk are all good enough to win a spot to NCAA during the Big Ten tourney. On this issue I have no concern. All would score at NCAA. For Cassar it’s awful if he’s done. For Gable it’s great. Cassar got in his overbloated head and would never ever recover. (See Sorensen v Zain, minus the overbloating)

149 is wide open and Lugo as a number one makes it even more wide open. We need Verk or whoever to step it up and get to the podium. I do not believe Lugo will be on top of the NCAA podium when the dust clears.

197: I do not expect to see Conel on the mat again. Injury and maybe other factors. I think the head never came back to the mat. His heart did. A chance to wrestle for Cael and maybe unfinished business did....but the head seemed to betray him. I have nothing but admiration for this young man and he tried something few wrestlers can do.....say “I’m done” and then not be done. Tough mountain to climb.

That’s why Brooks showed up. That’s why we expect Shakur sometime soon. Idk when, but he is key to that Championship and he wants it BAD. PSU needs him just as bad. Good match.

Last edited:
Imagine this, PSU wins this year with Cassar sidelined on another Funtastic 5 run. Nick Lee, Cenzo, Mark and 2 of RBY/AB/Berge/Shakur win titles.

Two of Seth (filling in), Verk, Meredith (who stole a spot) make some sneaky James English run on the backside.

I'd think I'm being completely delusional if I haven't seen a Cael team pull off this kind of seemingly impossible feat before.

Reactions: PSU James
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT