ADVERTISEMENT

"The Strange Smell from Pennsylvania" By LARRY M. ELKIN in Yonkers Tribune....

Great piece of writing, IMHO.

No. Not about our football team. Kane/PA Supreme Court related, if you are one seeking to avoid clicking on that topic.

http://www.yonkerstribune.com/2015/...ange-smell-from-pennsylvania-by-larry-m-elkin
There is no question that the State of pa is being run by mafiosos. Corbett, Fina, Williams and the rest are as corrupt as they get. The issue certainly isn't leaked grand jury info, but rather attempts on the part of the same group of people that railroaded the university to protect their own interests and positions in Harrisburg. Pa is a cesspool and this political fight makes that as clear as day.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
But there's no excuse for the PPG not to look further into this. They were never the best newspaper, but nowadays they are no better than the Pennysaver or the old Green Sheet.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Pennsylvania is legendary for corruption, I put us in the very top tier of crookedness right down there with Illinois and Louisiana. But I'm not interested in reading about it from a newspaper in Yonkers. I would say they have trouble of their own up there - like Dean Skelos (R), Sheldon Silver (D), not to mention Mr. Client Number 9.

Let them clean up the noxious fumes coming out of Albany and then if they have time they can pontificate about malodors making their way east from Harrisburg.

Reactions: demlion
Yes, whether you like Kane or not, its hard not to see that there is an agenda here where someone is trying to shut her up.
I disagree, wholeheartedly in fact.

That doesn't mean I think she should be held to a different standard. GJ info is constantly leaked. Her getting prosecuted for it is asinine.

That said, she's a rank amateur. She can't hold press conference without making false statements. She decided to get into a feud with Fina. She called out a judge and was exposed about being able to release the emails.

Fina and Williams are far worse. Fina should have been fired as soon as those emails saw the light of day. Williams should be brought up on charges for continuing to embarrass employ him.

I disagree, wholeheartedly in fact.

That doesn't mean I think she should be held to a different standard. GJ info is constantly leaked. Her getting prosecuted for it is asinine.

That said, she's a rank amateur. She can't hold press conference without making false statements. She decided to get into a feud with Fina. She called out a judge and was exposed about being able to release the emails.

Fina and Williams are far worse. Fina should have been fired as soon as those emails saw the light of day. Williams should be brought up on charges for continuing to embarrass employ him.

You talk as though she is failing to live up to some high standard laid down by her predecessors. But her predecessors were people like Ernie Preate, Linda Kelly and Tom Corbett, the worst sort of lying scum. The difference is her predecessors were NOT trying to buck the system, they were serving it. Thus their leaks and lies were not a problem. They never had to call out a judge, they called him in for a chat.

If you think these other people were great lawyers, you are simply wrong. She looks bad because she is rowing upstream, She is meant to look bad to the uninformed. You are apparently one of them.

Fina is far worse? Right. And why is he not being fired? Because he plays ball. People like you are certainly valuable to the system as it is. So long as they can keep you focused on hammering Kane, they can discredit her and get back to business. Congratulations.

I recall as a student at PSU in an AdminJ class in Schwab the one time they brought in Ernie to give us a special guest lecture. I think he was either running or had just won the election but wasn't sworn in yet. A few years later he was in federal prison. Wasn't he skimming money from shaking down illegal poker machine operators? As the AG, no less.

Reactions: demlion
I recall as a student at PSU in an AdminJ class in Schwab the one time they brought in Ernie to give us a special guest lecture. I think he was either running or had just won the election but wasn't sworn in yet. A few years later he was in federal prison. Wasn't he skimming money from shaking down illegal poker machine operators? As the AG, no less.
He was such an egregious scumbag that he could be ignored no longer--when he began to make noises about running for gov (maybe he did run once?) the Players jerked his leash.

This is the standard of conduct that Kane's critics say she is failing to meet. SMH.

You talk as though she is failing to live up to some high standard laid down by her predecessors. But her predecessors were people like Ernie Preate, Linda Kelly and Tom Corbett, the worst sort of lying scum. The difference is her predecessors were NOT trying to buck the system, they were serving it. Thus their leaks and lies were not a problem. They never had to call out a judge, they called him in for a chat.

If you think these other people were great lawyers, you are simply wrong. She looks bad because she is rowing upstream, She is meant to look bad to the uninformed. You are apparently one of them.

Fina is far worse? Right. And why is he not being fired? Because he plays ball. People like you are certainly valuable to the system as it is. So long as they can keep you focused on hammering Kane, they can discredit her and get back to business. Congratulations.
How in God's name did you arrive at

"You talk as though she is failing to live up to some high standard laid down by her predecessors."

"That doesn't mean I think she should be held to a different standard. GJ info is constantly leaked. Her getting prosecuted for it is asinine"

That's a pretty clear statement I don't support the charges against her. It's also clear I don't think highly of her predecessors or their standards(because leaks were/are the norm for them).

At the same time I don't think highly of her. I don't think there's a conspiracy to silence or discredit her out of fear.

He was such an egregious scumbag that he could be ignored no longer--when he began to make noises about running for gov (maybe he did run once?) the Players jerked his leash.
I remember Ernie Preate. Once upon a time he was a good guy. He could have been a great AG and a fine Gov. But somewhere along the line he started to turn bad, started going the wrong way, and before you know it, he was indeed an egregious scumbag.

You can't be a little corrupt. Once you start down that road, there's no turning back.

We've had some very good Gov's in my time - The Real Bob Casey (D) was the best, Thornburgh (R) was OK, Ridge (R) was all right. But we've had a bunch of mutants, too - we're batting .500 at best. WVa is on the same boat - I liked Manchin, but you've had some goofs in Charleston as well.

We get the government that we deserve.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT