ADVERTISEMENT

The time has come ('18-'19 roster released) ...

Kind of wish Beard was enrolled now. Emergency 184 depth + full year in the room. But redshirt flexibility is always nice.

I sense it, I smell it, I see it - we lose arguably the best PSU wrestler ever and the team is even stronger in 2018/19.

Much stronger across all the light weights, Shack might shock the world, Bo is Bo no matter the weight class, time will tell at Heavy noone knows where Nevills is in terms of health, love Cassar but don't know if I believe the banter claiming he was besting Nick last year while giving up 60 lbs, that aside I think he will be very tough with the big question how to handle elite really big men like Stoll.

125 Teas = R8, Teske = R12
133 RBY = R8 brutal class
149 Berge = R4
184 Shack = R2 (yes the finals)
197 Bo = NC
Hwt NN = R2, Cassar = R4+

Virtually all of the returning lineup out bonuses what was a bit of a pedestrian bonus rate last year. At least +5 team points more

Stay healthy my friends!

So, 4 delaying enrollment (greyshirt or OTC), S. Nevills, J.Lee, Beard and Brooks?

That's an awful lot of talent waiting to enroll :)
Pretty evident that the staff has something very special going on, with so many high quality athletes willing to defer/gray shirt for a year. the staff is selling the brand and these these guys a buying into it. the future is bright!!!!!!

we need to have a cheap sun glasses night! future so bright gotta wear shades!
little ZZ-TOP /Timbuk3 COMBO--
Yeah--i will get blasted for that one----LET IT ROLL

So it looks like we have Joe Lee (165), Aaron Brooks (184), Michael Beard (197), and Seth Nevills (Hwy) all greyshirting. Just need to sign Starocci for 174 and the back half of the lineup is set for the next 4 years. Of course I wouldn’t mind if they signed Ferrari and Kirkvliet for some added competition at 197 and Hvy. The future looks bright is all I can say!

Manville is there to bridge the gap at 174. It's in good hands with Hall/Manville for four more years.

Can Manville go 184 in a pinch? I wouldn't feel terrible with that by any means.

I figure he’s a guy who will certify at 165 and be the primary backup for 174 and emergency backup for 165. Might as well throw 184 in there as well, though he may look a little funny doing it.

First off just want to say hello all as I am new poster to the message board community. I have seen what to post and not to post so do not fear next Iceland trip i take or next good BBQ i have, i will make sure to upload pics and recipes.

With that being said, it looks as if we have our official roster online with Cassar moving up to 285 as well as Bo and Shak switching

Should be a great season and f*n to watch
Never post again. That post to like ratio will be unmatched.

Cassar would need to wait and apply for a 6th year I’d think. Unless he’s Leeth who was a jr and than all of a sudden the NCAA gave him two years at once and he ended up being a freshman last year.

Someone on Lions 247 mentioned that the cenzo / hall switch is definitely being looked into

No Joe Lee or Seth Nevills?

Guess this goes without saying.....Assume Snacks will wait for Kerkvliet decision. If Kerk commits to PSU, maybe Snacks goes elsewhere. If Kerk doesn't commit, Snacks enrolls next year and he's our next heavy.

And assume Joe is aiming to take 65 in two years.

- Konner Kraeszig, 165, St. Xavier HS, KY

I'm not sure how I missed this. Looking back, there were articles that indicated he was going to wrestle for PSU.

Louisville Courier Journal: St. Xavier wrestlers expect to be in hunt this weekend for first state title since 2013

LouisvilleCatholicSports.com: Tigers sign Letters of Intent

Louisville Courier Journal: After recovering from serious illness, Travis gives Moore High first state wrestling champ

Several videos of him wrestling are at THIS LINK

Guess this goes without saying.....Assume Snacks will wait for Kerkvliet decision. If Kerk commits to PSU, maybe Snacks goes elsewhere. If Kerk doesn't commit, Snacks enrolls next year and he's our next heavy.

And assume Joe is aiming to take 65 in two years.
From what I've heard, probably 5th hand, you're getting warmer on the top paragraph.

Looks as if he was a 2015 graduate and has been on a Mormon mission. That's worked out well for us before in the upper weights ;)
Quite the impressive jump and change of scenery to go from a town that’s roughly 3.6% the population size of the undergrad population at PSU (~1500 VS ~41,000). Wrestling at Rec Hall will be like wrestling in front of his entire town 4+ times over.

From what I've heard, probably 5th hand, you're getting warmer on the top paragraph.

Isn't it also a possibility that if Nick is hurt enough to miss the year....that Anthony, Nick and even Shak get another year ….meaning Seth redshirts next year and then takes over in 2020-21. That said.....I do believe that the Kirkvliet scenario is more likely.

Reactions: tabenn
Quite the impressive jump and change of scenery to go from a town that’s roughly 3.6% the population size of the undergrad population at PSU (~1500 VS ~41,000). Wrestling at Rec Hall will be like wrestling in front of his entire town 4+ times over.
Star Valley High School usually gets the entire town out for the wresting matches. Rulon Gardner is also a Star Valley, WY alumni. I am excited that Austin is getting the chance.

Can someone contact flo and tell them cenzo is walking around at 200lbs...cuz they clearly dont know about it.

cenzo weight = morgan homesick

Reactions: pawrest01
A father of a current and impending wrestler purchased a home that was formerly owned by a former PSU wrestler/ coach who moved south. A couple of individuals are living there. Hence the grey shirting.

shhhhh..... lets keep the HR myth going that guys wont come to PSU for less than a full ride.

#morans
#ainttobright
#IPAservedinheaven

Reactions: pawrest01
First off just want to say hello all as I am new poster to the message board community. I have seen what to post and not to post so do not fear next Iceland trip i take or next good BBQ i have, i will make sure to upload pics and recipes.

With that being said, it looks as if we have our official roster online with Cassar moving up to 285 as well as Bo and Shak switching

Should be a great season and f*n to watch
58199117.jpg

Star Valley High School usually gets the entire town out for the wresting matches. Rulon Gardner is also a Star Valley, WY alumni. I am excited that Austin is getting the chance.
Maybe it’s more common than I know that a wrestler goes from the tiniest of towns to the biggest stages. I love it. I believe Cael came from a rural town in Utah (Heber City?) that couldn’t have been much bigger than Star Valley at the time. That worked out pretty well for the wrestling world.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT