ADVERTISEMENT

There’s a chance

Just heard he didn't get approved. Trying to confirm 100%

Nice! Let's party!
giphy.gif

Reactions: nerfstate
288 Posts and just to come full circle. Hmmmmmmm feeling like an Iowa fan right now lol. Soooooo are we back to no chance or is there still a chance. Lmfao. I'm going our on the proverbial limb here and stating for the world to see that we are the champions until we are dethroned and that can't happen til next year right lol

288 Posts and just to come full circle. Hmmmmmmm feeling like an Iowa fan right now lol. Soooooo are we back to no chance or is there still a chance. Lmfao. I'm going our on the proverbial limb here and stating for the world to see that we are the champions until we are dethroned and that can't happen til next year right lol
Regardless of how well Iowa performs, we have our Boys to cheer on to championships. It’s what we do!

Regardless of how well Iowa performs, we have our Boys to cheer on to championships. It’s what we do!
Yep we do have the best group of guys and I know they have to be chomping at he bit. Can't wait to see the difference between bigs and nat's should be a blazer

There goes my budding reputation as an insider. Oh well.... I do stand by my initial assessment of my source as "pretty good" though. ;)

Maybe I should have said "okay"

Was it Kerkvliet singing "It's gonna be me" by NSYNC in the room?

All kidding aside, you're obviously a reputable poster on the board, maybe if you did it 3 more times, we can reevaluate ;)

Reactions: nerfstate
There goes my budding reputation as an insider. Oh well.... I do stand by my initial assessment of my source as "pretty good" though. ;)

Maybe I should have said "okay"
That's OK. A couple of years ago I was told by a really reliable friend that Patrick Glory was coming to Penn State "no matter what." I posted that is what I heard and the very next day he announced he is going to Princeton.

Occasionally you try and let your message board buddies know what you know and it makes for good conversation. Sometimes you go "whoops!"

You got good conversation and an apparent whoops.

Just goes to show with the NCAA you never know what is going to happen with any one ruling. Apparently here, Penn State and Ohio State both approved of the waiver. So much for the NCAA looking out for the best interests of the athlete.

Just goes to show with the NCAA you never know what is going to happen with any one ruling. Apparently here, Penn State and Ohio State both approved of the waiver. So much for the NCAA looking out for the best interests of the athlete.
If I had to guess, it probably had more to do with his academic progress in the fall semester (as @Dwayne_Johnson33 posted NCAA policy notes about) vs. standard transfer eligibility requirements. It probably hinged on the completion of transferable credit hours in the Fall.

If I had to guess, it probably had more to do with his academic progress in the fall semester (as @Dwayne_Johnson33 posted NCAA policy notes about) vs. standard transfer eligibility requirements. It probably hinged on the completion of transferable credit hours in the Fall.
Wasn’t there also discussion about a National Letter of Intent violation?

I believe that's most likely the reason he can't compete this season. Even if he was indeed granted a complete release from tOSU, you can not sign another NLI during that same signing year.
I agree with this.

And I also think if Snacks and Shaq can come alive just enough to get on the podium even at 8th...we will win with the horsepower our 5 are flashing. Shaq can do more than that if the switch has gone on. Snacks....probably blood round.

I agree with this.

And I also think if Snacks and Shaq can come alive just enough to get on the podium even at 8th...we will win with the horsepower our 5 are flashing. Shaq can do more than that if the switch has gone on. Snacks....probably blood round.
All true, and I think Seth is in a pretty good spot now. He can...

a) Crash and burn, bowing of the tournament immediately: I really don’t expect that to happen.

b) Have a decent tourney run, gain some points and experience, maybe AA, and contribute to a good team performance that if not a championship, isn’t on his shoulders.

c) Become a LEGEND for all-time.

He's academically ineligible. He basically stopped attending any classes at Ohio State once he knew he was leaving in late September, therefore he has no academic record. There was thought we could blame a lot of it on Ohio State, but at the end of the day it was a pretty easy decision within the guidelines of the rules. Don't think you can blame the NCAA on this one.

He's academically ineligible. He basically stopped attending any classes at Ohio State once he knew he was leaving in late September, therefore he has no academic record. There was thought we could blame a lot of it on Ohio State, but at the end of the day it was a pretty easy decision within the guidelines of the rules. Don't think you can blame the NCAA on this one.
Does that mean he can still count this year as a redshirt year? Sounds doubtful--which may be why there was pressure to get him active.

That's OK. A couple of years ago I was told by a really reliable friend that Patrick Glory was coming to Penn State "no matter what." I posted that is what I heard and the very next day he announced he is going to Princeton.

Occasionally you try and let your message board buddies know what you know and it makes for good conversation. Sometimes you go "whoops!"

You got good conversation and an apparent whoops.

This was 100% true. He would have went to PSU for free that’s how bad he wanted to go there.(money not an issue for the family) He never got the ok from PSUs end.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Does that mean he can still count this year as a redshirt year? Sounds doubtful--which may be why there was pressure to get him active.

If someone is enrolled in school, but doesn't compete as an attached wrestler, why would it count as a redshirt year?

This was 100% true. He would have went to PSU for free that’s how bad he wanted to go there.(money not an issue for the family) He never got the ok from PSUs end.
I don't understand not getting the ok from PSUs end. If he would have went to PSU as a walk-on wouldn't that mean he would just have to get accepted? Seems unlikely he would be accepted to Princeton and not Penn State.

If someone is enrolled in school, but doesn't compete as an attached wrestler, why would it count as a redshirt year?

From the NCAA site:
  • Five-year clock: Division I student-athletes have five calendar years from the first enrollment at a two- or four-year school to compete four seasons of competition.
Mormon Missions and ORS and Medical shirts are the only extension of this rule. In comparison to 5 years ago, they now hand out MRS like candy.

Yeah...my mistake. Missed the contraction.

I meant:
Why **wouldn't** it count as a redshirt year if he's enrolled in school, but not wrestling attached?

It's that punctuation and grammar thing again, which so many seem to ignore, not to mention reading ability. :D

It's that punctuation and grammar thing again, which so many seem to ignore, not to mention reading ability. :D
I remember seeing an educational film (not video, film) in elementary school, about penmanship and understandability. A kid’s father at work tried to place an order for 1000 shirts, but his cursive was sloppy and so 1000 skirts arrived, and the father had to go home and tell his family he’d been fired. Did anyone see that one? It was a good film, seeing that I remember it decades later. :)

Oh good. This can be the new "why didn't Cael recruit Sasso".

Why didn't Cael give Glory the OK?

Reactions: McScoreley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT