ADVERTISEMENT

To Relieve Human Suffering, Unleash Economic Growth

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
"A rising tide lifts all boats". But then again, by today's standards, Kennedy was a DINO.

Conservatives clearly understand capitalism, as noted below.

The institutions of society act as a civilizing force separating rational man from barbarism. The fundamental role of the economic institution is to answer the question of scarcity in a world of insatiable self-interested humans. If done so properly, a system of civilized sharing is created.

Success in fulfilling this mission comes in the form of economic growth, otherwise known as increased productivity in meeting the demands (food, clothing, shelter) of more people while simultaneously raising the standard of living for all members of society. The greater the growth the greater the number of people have their needs met. Bottom line, growth enhances, extends, and saves lives.

Economic growth comes from wealth creation. Wealth is created by private ownership of scarce resources or capital that others have determined has value. This capital then has "surplus" value added, via productivity and innovation, and is then traded in the market to meet the demands of others. Until you serve and trade via voluntary exchange, no wealth is created and no economic growth occurs.
Free market entrepreneurial capitalism is the most efficient system yet devised to carry out this process of wealth creation[/B]. It functions on five basic principles: freedom, private property, voluntary exchange, competition, and profit motive. This system of principles creates incentives and motivates man to share and ration resources to the greatest good of all. Smith called this process "the invisible hand;" as opposed to the all too visible fist of a commanding elite.[/I]
-------------------[/I]

I'm sure the communist wannabe's will have a problem with this article.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2015/03/03/to_relieve_human_suffering_unleash_economic_growth_101557.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News