ADVERTISEMENT

To the board handicappers. What do you think of Va Tech vs Duke?

KnightSlayer

Sep 8, 2014
Va Tech is getting 4.5 and the money line is +170

Does Va Tech have a big bounce back week? Could they win outright?

I'm a Tech fan but they've proven they can lose to anybody. And now the QB is out with injury.

Gotta take the Divils and lay the points, or pass the game.

I may be a little biased, but Duke is a solid team and capable of beating almost anyone. I’d give the points and go with Duke. And btw, Duke is playing with a back-up QB, as well.

Reactions: wplion
As norm alluded to, josh Jackson is out. Va tech dismissed their starting dt and sack leader. Their secondary was young and questionable to start the year and had proven to be weak.

Duke likely still without their starting qb but that didn't matter vs Baylor.

I would lean on tech and the points or the under. Tech is 9-1 SU in the last 10 games after a defeat. And 4 out of the last 5 meeting with Duke. The winner won by 3 points or less. Duke is not nearly as good at covering the spread when they are the favorite. Much better at being the underdog.

Tech just dismissed their DT because he was a cancer to the team so that is not really a bad thing just FYI...Their back up is Ryan Willis was at Kansas before transferring a few years ago...I think he was decent at KU but who knows..me thinks they are losing to Duke sat night.

Va Tech is getting 4.5 and the money line is +170

Does Va Tech have a big bounce back week? Could they win outright?
I would take VT and the points and would not at all be surprised for them to win outright. Last weekend was a perfect storm of a young team thinking they were better than they really were, not taking the opponent seriously, and the OD qb come off the bench and literally have the game of his life - likely to never be repeated - just like JT Barrett's 4th qtr against us last year.

My guess is reality smacked them in the face this past week at practice and they will come out defensively looking much more like the team that manhandled FSU than the one that laid the egg last Saturday.

Offensively, their new qb is consistent enough to pick up enough yards passing to keep Duke honest and their running game will be good enough to get the job done. 28-24 VT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT