ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Hack update from the Jets wire...

Franklin fell on his sword for Hack. They weren't a good fit. But, CJF couldn't pull Hack - even if TM gave us a better chance to win (debatable at best, though he likely takes way fewer sacks) - the optics would have been terrible...

BINGO!

R4jY3_s-200x150.gif
Any post with Kim is worth a like. Or ten.

Reactions: Obliviax

I used to be sadism, necrophilia and bestiality but then I realized I was just beating a dead horse.

(I would've thought it was spelled "beastiality" but the red line beneath it and dictionary.com tell me otherwise.)

Yes and no. AR was a great college WR but Hack was a true Frosh at the time. you can count on one hand the number of college QB's successful in the true freshman year. But PSU had zero depth at WR behind AR. So going into 2014, we started Hamilton (RS Fresh), Geno Lewis (no longer with the team despite having eligibility) and Chris Godwin (true Fr). These guys have been criticised for NOT helping their QB by running poor routes and not coming back to the ball.

Regardless, AR wasn't going to be blocking anyone in pass coverage:

temple.0.gif

OL-Whoop.gif
73: There is your starting right tackle this year.

But no, this staff doesn't favor upper classmen at all.

he didn't start the spring game, and you say they never change the starters from the spring game, so why do you keep saying he's the starting RT?? Heck he didn't start with the #1's the whole second half of spring practice!

Is it possible that Hack has a long way to go because the college coaches around him didn't develop him and in fact assisted him in regressing after hack's time with BOB?

That's what quite a few NFL scouts stated. Now we are reading the confirmations.
Oh, please. In spite of a year with OB and subsequent summer camps, Hackenberg continues to struggle with mechanics and accuracy. Do you really think this staff tried to screw up his footwork?? Give or take a tweak here and there, proper mechanics come more-or-less naturally to the good ones. Fortunately, it's no longer PSU's problem.

Reactions: Mudge1026
he didn't start the spring game, and you say they never change the starters from the spring game, so why do you keep saying he's the starting RT?? Heck he didn't start with the #1's the whole second half of spring practice!

Penciled in as starter in every single pre season magazine: Lindy's, Athlon, Sporting News, and Greg Pickel of the Patriot News.

Starting. And was never declared anything BUT the starter, they simply wanted to "take a look" at Beh.

Believe me I wish I was wrong here.

Is it all that important if Hack has all the necessary skills to start in his rookie season. Good, sound coaching should help and I just hope he hasn't developed bad enough habits that he can't break.

Penciled in as starter in every single pre season magazine: Lindy's, Athlon, Sporting News, and Greg Pickel of the Patriot News.

Starting. And was never declared anything BUT the starter, they simply wanted to "take a look" at Beh.

Believe me I wish I was wrong here.

"Believe me I wish I was wrong here.". Sweet Baby Jesus, you get more moronic by the moment to such an extent that you violate Einstein's "Special Theory of Relativity"!

You always are so chances are good you will be again.

Actually, I am nearly always right. I predicted 4 out of the 5 starters, while the rest of you haters had zero guts to make a prediction, cowarded out when I asked you to, and refused to make a stand regarding the failures of Franklin's personnel decisions.

I credit only Sluggo, for having the guts to also know that the kids we were running out there, didn't have it.

Actually, I am nearly always right. I predicted 4 out of the 5 starters, while the rest of you haters had zero guts to make a prediction, cowarded out when I asked you to, and refused to make a stand regarding the failures of Franklin's personnel decisions.

I credit only Sluggo, for having the guts to also know that the kids we were running out there, didn't have it.

Nobody questioned whether the kids that played were good or not, everyone knew they were not ready to go. What was in question was what to do about it. You posted like the bench was loaded with guys that were ready to go and were better. Most everyone disagreed with you. Franklin either didn't feel they were ready or he was building for the future. Regardless of his motives, if given the choice between relying on Franklin's opinion or yours, I would pick Franklin 100 times out of 100. When you start coaching at the D-1 level, then you can prove your expertise, until then you're just Monday morning quarterbacking.

OK ... So Hack (along with EVERY other rookie QB) needs improvement on his footwork and his mechanics. And they are ALL a work in progress. But over the last 2 years, every time Hack displayed poor accuracy, poor fundamentals, poor pocket awareness, poor decision making ... It was Franklin's fault. For all of his problems, Hack and his Dad made sure that their lip service butt buddies like Trent Dilfer took the message to the airwaves to blame all the issues on Franklin. Why didn't we see Goff's coach, Wentz's coach, Lynch's coach .... getting thrown under the bus, if they all have the same mechanical and fundamentals problems??

Nobody questioned whether the kids that played were good or not, everyone knew they were not ready to go. What was in question was what to do about it. You posted like the bench was loaded with guys that were ready to go and were better. Most everyone disagreed with you. Franklin either didn't feel they were ready or he was building for the future. Regardless of his motives, if given the choice between relying on Franklin's opinion or yours, I would pick Franklin 100 times out of 100. When you start coaching at the D-1 level, then you can prove your expertise, until then you're just Monday morning quarterbacking.

Bates was a better offensive lineman than Mahon, Mangiro, Gaia, and Dowrey, all together, the day he arrived in State College: There was no excuse for redshirting him.

And there sure as hell won't be an excuse for redshirting Menet either. You play, to win the game.

Every damn body else does at this level: True freshmen started on offensive lines at 18 out of 25 top 25 teams last year. That philosophy is outdated. I've said this for the past 3 years, and it remains a fact.

Washington started 3 freshmen last year on their offensive line, they were a damn sight better than PSU's offensive line.

No point made. Ad hominem attack.

I win.

Yes, you've won alright....you've won a 30th consecutive "Twit of The Year Award". Quite an accomplishment for somebody of your age. Congratulations your consistency and longevity in this regard is staggering and truly remarkable especially in a schadenfreude kind of way!

People get enamored of kids who "can make every throw". If that was the mark of a great QB, Deiter Brock would be in the NFL Hall of Fame- he isn't.

Is it possible that Hack has a long way to go because the college coaches around him didn't develop him and in fact assisted him in regressing after hack's time with BOB?

That's what quite a few NFL scouts stated. Now we are reading the confirmations.

You it is pose that the PSU coaches were working on his footwork and his mechanics during his sophomore and Junior years, but Hack either couldn't or wouldn't change or correct his problems. Do you really think that the Franklin and his assistants didn't know how to coach a QB's mechanics? Franklin was a college QB, has coached QB's so I am pretty sure that if he saw the assistants telling Hack o something mechanically would he would have stopped them.

Do you really think they wanted to see Hack and the team fail? Sometimes the player can be resistant to changes/coaching especially QBs because they think they know better or that some QB advisor (Guru) has told them differently. My guess these so called QB gurus don't know as much or any more than most QB coaches that are employed by teams.

People get enamored of kids who "can make every throw". If that was the mark of a great QB, Deiter Brock would be in the NFL Hall of Fame- he isn't.

Jeff George had a stronger arm than Hack, was a better all-around athlete in terms of "measurables" than Hack and finally, was light-years more decorated as a College QB than Hack - guess what, he SUCKED as an NFL QB because he didn't have the "it" factor (moxy, "coping-skills", character, toughness, integrity, ability to accept constuctive criticism without it impacting your self-confidence - often termed "coachability", the diametric opposite of a primadonna with a fragile ego....) which is the most important quality for a QB - e.g., be a true leader and lead by example...."lead from in front" not the rear lines in battle. Hack and Hack's entourage's incessant whining and excuse-making especially regarding Coach Franklin is classless and tiresome. Just go away and try to "walk your talk" for once in your primadonna life and if you fall flat on your face in the Pro's it is nobody's fault but your own & your handlers' fault who have created your very Jeff George-esque "it's never my fault, I'm awesome" personality and public persona of excuse-making and rationalization rather than "accountability". "Self-promotion" or "self-defensiveness" are not leadership qualities or a sign of great leadership ability.

Last edited:
Bates was a better offensive lineman than Mahon, Mangiro, Gaia, and Dowrey, all together, the day he arrived in State College: There was no excuse for redshirting him.

And there sure as hell won't be an excuse for redshirting Menet either. You play, to win the game.

Every damn body else does at this level: True freshmen started on offensive lines at 18 out of 25 top 25 teams last year. That philosophy is outdated. I've said this for the past 3 years, and it remains a fact.

Washington started 3 freshmen last year on their offensive line, they were a damn sight better than PSU's offensive line.

And what are your crdentials that make you better at making that decision than Franklin? I'm sure Franklin wants to win games too. Obviously there was a reason he played who he did and I guarantee it had nothing to do with a "philosophy" of playing older kids. If that was the case, Barkley would have never seen the field.

OK ... So Hack (along with EVERY other rookie QB) needs improvement on his footwork and his mechanics. And they are ALL a work in progress. But over the last 2 years, every time Hack displayed poor accuracy, poor fundamentals, poor pocket awareness, poor decision making ... It was Franklin's fault. For all of his problems, Hack and his Dad made sure that their lip service butt buddies like Trent Dilfer took the message to the airwaves to blame all the issues on Franklin. Why didn't we see Goff's coach, Wentz's coach, Lynch's coach .... getting thrown under the bus, if they all have the same mechanical and fundamentals problems??

They weren't as highly regarded out of high school, didn't carry the weight of the entire university on their backs, didn't have a remarkable freshman year which set expectations through the roof, and quite frankly no one cares about Cal, Memphis, or whichever tiny Dakota school Wentz came from.

Only the Franklin haters blame Franklin. Hack didn't fit well with Donovan's scheme, and Hack made a hell of a lot of bad passes and made a lot of good ones that were dropped. Franklin did what he could - fired Donovan and encouraged Hack to go pro. Not an either/or thing here IMO - time to move on. For better or worse he's the Jets' problem now.

Jeff George, actually, is the one who Hackenberg most closely resembles: Cannon arm that makes all the throws....and then in games, makes half of those throws high, wide, short, left, or right.

Who did you want to start in 2014 and 2015 on the OL?

You are clueless. Nelson and Mahon started as RS freshman. Gaia and Dowrey started as RS sophomores which was their first year on the OL.

#73 started from day 1. How did that workout?

Give us YOUR starting OL in 2014 and 2015.

Who did you want to start in 2014 and 2015 on the OL?

You are clueless. Nelson and Mahon started as RS freshman. Gaia and Dowrey started as RS sophomores which was their first year on the OL.

#73 started from day 1. How did that workout?

Give us YOUR starting OL in 2014 and 2015.

You give yours first. You want to get something? Give something.

I'll consider this topic closed since you don't have the guts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT