ADVERTISEMENT

Tom, you do realize that the Eagles are playing at this very moment?

I do ... I'm watching it.

I thought about my traditional post when they play. I thought that looked great in thread view, but I don't think it would look as good on the new board. Perhaps I'll make one before a future game.

Yeah, well, 16 times a year for 16 years I watched you do the E-A-G-L-E-S bit. It's a damn shame it's gone now, people would come onto this board from miles around to catch your act.

It's still not too late, as it doesn't appear the Eagles have started playing yet. :confused:

I'm disappointed with the offense the most. We knew the D was still a work in progress, but I expected more from the O.

The entire basis for acquiring Bradford was his accuracy and he threw a Nick Foles-esque INT and missed some other easy gainers.

Now they're in a position where they can't be balanced on O because of the weak D and you put Bradford at risk back there.

Sigh.

I do ... I'm watching it.

I thought about my traditional post when they play. I thought that looked great in thread view, but I don't think it would look as good on the new board. Perhaps I'll make one before a future game.

The best reason yet for going back to the prior format!

T
HH
RRR
EEEE
AAAAA
DDDDD

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
well played, Illinois.

yeah of little faith ... Eagles seem to have woken up in the 3rd qtr.

Birds had the Falcons buried on 3rd and 15, and got burnt on the draw play. Falcons putting together a nice drive at end of 3rd/beginning of 4th.

Got home from dinner at halftime just in time for the second half kickoff.....holy crap, I always thought June 14 was Flag Day!

Reactions: psu00
What a lousy kick. I think the Eagles could have gotten a yard there.

Parkey is not butter.
Agree. The Birds may still win, but they've left lots of opportunities out there tonight. Get the win and move on while improving.

how does Matthews not make that catch? Terrible time to make a mental mistake. Nice win for Atlanta.

I'm disappointed with the offense the most. We knew the D was still a work in progress, but I expected more from the O.

The entire basis for acquiring Bradford was his accuracy and he threw a Nick Foles-esque INT and missed some other easy gainers.

Now they're in a position where they can't be balanced on O because of the weak D and you put Bradford at risk back there.s
Sigh.
On the other hand, Foles looked pretty good yesterday.

Oh the birds won alright! :p
That was a great win for the Falcons, but a terrible loss for the Eagles. That's one that may come back to haunt them, but on the other hand, it's a completely new team on offense. There were lots of encouraging signs in the second half. Atlanta had no answer once they got going.

The Eagles defense on the other hand...

On the other hand, Foles looked pretty good yesterday.
Fair or not, that's going to be the comparison. I will say that Bradford was like 20 of 22 at one point during a second half stretch. That's exactly why the Eagles got him and is a very good sign once the offense starts clicking. I'm not sure Foles has that kind of ability.

Yeah, well, 16 times a year for 16 years I watched you do the E-A-G-L-E-S bit. It's a damn shame it's gone now, people would come onto this board from miles around to catch your act.
It's a lot better than 90 insufferable raise the Jolly Roger threads....

That was a great win for the Falcons, but a terrible loss for the Eagles. That's one that may come back to haunt them, but on the other hand, it's a completely new team on offense. There were lots of encouraging signs in the second half. Atlanta had no answer once they got going.

The Eagles defense on the other hand...

Yeah, the Falcons were playing above their normal abilities in the first half. It's a good thing the game ended when it did or it would've went the other way.

FWIW, Bradford looked pretty good in the second half. I think he'll outshine his predecessors given time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT