ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Stephens

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
GA State is a perfect time to let the kid toss the rock. And I'm not talking about mop up duty. Give opposing defensive coordinators another thing to to think about. So if any of yinzers see 'coach' tell him. Now get 'er done!

GA State is a perfect time to let the kid toss the rock. And I'm not talking about mop up duty. Give opposing defensive coordinators another thing to to think about. So if any of yinzers see 'coach' tell him. Now get 'er done!

No. Let's not throw off (pun intended) our winning QB before Iowa.

Reactions: Cpeplion
I would like to see him come in after Trace ran a couple series. Let Stevens then come in and allow him to work with the first team. It would be nice to see him in control of a real game condition utilizing all the weapons that the game plan calls for.

Iowa could be the biggest upset challenge this team faces and a great primer for playing at OSU yet the idea is to have the starting qb sit for three quarters before that game so he can be completely off vs Iowa....makes sense....Im all for giving him the 4th qtr tho or a half if we're up 50-0.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Oh, heck yeah - let's create a quarterback controversy because our all-conference, Heisman candidate starting QB had the jitters against Pitt right as we head into the conference schedule. Sounds like a fantastic idea.

We could be just like OSU heading into Oklahoma...that worked great for the Buckeyes

I enjoy that Tommy Stevens is trying to pick up supermodels on twitter and that Chad Ochocinco has joined the effort to help him out.

Reactions: n1ttanylionspride
I would rather see the game be used to get any bugs out that Trace may be having and to work on our deep ball. I would still like to see Tommy used in third and short situations...he's bigger than Trace. Kind of like Florida used Tebow in his freshman year.

I would rather see the game be used to get any bugs out that Trace may be having and to work on our deep ball. I would still like to see Tommy used in third and short situations...he's bigger than Trace. Kind of like Florida used Tebow in his freshman year.
I like it. But Tebow was huge and virtually unstoppable in short yardage situations. Stevens is built more like a QB.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Seems like Stevens adds yet another dimension to the offense with the permutations he brings when he's in.

It seems like he's only been brought in when we're in the red zone. Was curious what he would add to short yardage situations outside the red zone.

Reactions: therod
I like the idea of playing Stevens for most of the game to better prepare him for replacing Trace, but I'm fine with those closer to situation making the decision. Let the coaches coach.

Reactions: therod
Trace is the starter and as such has earned the right to play. That's why these guys compete in practice to get to the top of the depth chart. I have no problem putting in Tommy for a few packages to give the D coordinator another thing to worry about. But Trace should play well into the 3rd quarter of even a blow-out. Then hopefully Tommy can get a few series in Q4.

Thought about a similar thread on Sanders. Nice to have some success with the first unit to really get him rolling and get past the fumble issue.

If we're up 21 or more in the 2nd qt, maybe play Stevens for a series or two. Give him some experience, reward his hard work, and scare the bejebbers outta D coordinators! Or would it better to not show what he can do so we surprise the DCs when needed at a later date?

Thats why I am not coach.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
This STEVENS stuff is outta control, let him play in mop up time, thinking we need him to play before that is crazy. Trace the STARTING QB is 13-3 as our starter at Penn State he's a Junior, he will be back next year. Stevens can either wait his turn or transfer it's as simple as that. Jesus is STEVENS was light years better than Trace guess what?? He'd be the starter

Being sophisticated I don't know what a "yinzer" is but not necessary, Parsons will be on campus, he can tell the coach.

JUMP PASS!!!!

I don't recall a Tommy "Stephens" on the roster. Is he a super-secret transfer? Did the NCAA clear him? Can he return kicks so people don't have a heart attack over Saquon doing returns?

Personally, I think Tracie MCsworley will play most of the game. Timmy Stephons can play some of the 4th inning and hopefully throw some homeruns.

Reactions: bison13
Personally, I think Tracie MCsworley will play most of the game. Timmy Stephons can play some of the 4th inning and hopefully throw some homeruns.
Yes! And Shanika Bartley can play in goal and stop the pucks from getting through.

Reactions: PSUinCali
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT