ADVERTISEMENT

Trade Players

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
With players essentially being paid and what amounts to unlimited portal movement and "poaching" will we ever see college players traded, doubt it but a fun thought. Project a trade or two and be realistic, no you are not getting Harrison for anyone or combo on the roster.

With players essentially being paid and what amounts to unlimited portal movement and "poaching" will we ever see college players traded, doubt it but a fun thought. Project a trade or two and be realistic, no you are not getting Harrison for anyone or combo on the roster.
Not a trade but a team can definitely pick up a Harrison type player for enough money. Isn't that what Colorado did with Travis Hunter? Isn't that what Kansas did to get Hunter Dickinson to transfer from Michigan in basketball?

I sort of had the same thought about upping NIL to keep your own experienced players who may benefit from another year on campus from declaring for NFL Draft.

Before this past weekend Dante C was almost invisible and hardly worth the $. Could we have been able to keep a tweener like Parker Washington in blue and white for another year without having to go outside if we paid enough and added a big insurance policy? Boy we have missed him.

Is there a new "negotiation" between a player and school at the end of every season as coaches are grading out players?

If I recall Hunter Dickerson was getting ~$75k from the Skunkbears. He supposedly really liked Villanova and his hometown Terps...but Kansas blew him away w millions and a realistic shot at an NCAA title.

Sold to the highest bidder!

Reactions: bdgan
I sort of had the same thought about upping NIL to keep your own experienced players who may benefit from another year on campus from declaring for NFL Draft.

Before this past weekend Dante C was almost invisible and hardly worth the $. Could we have been able to keep a tweener like Parker Washington in blue and white for another year without having to go outside if we paid enough and added a big insurance policy? Boy we have missed him.

Is there a new "negotiation" between a player and school at the end of every season as coaches are grading out players?

If I recall Hunter Dickerson was getting ~$75k from the Skunkbears. He supposedly really liked Villanova and his hometown Terps...but Kansas blew him away w millions and a realistic shot at an NCAA title.

Sold to the highest bidder!
Parker Washington should have stayed at PSU for another season. He was a late draft pick and has not caught a pass in the nfl.

Parker Washington should have stayed at PSU for another season. He was a late draft pick and has not caught a pass in the nfl.
Franklin once said go to NFL if you expect to be a 1st or 2nd round pick. Apparently a lot of our players feel differently.

Franklin once said go to NFL if you expect to be a 1st or 2nd round pick. Apparently a lot of our players feel differently.
Obviously he is no Marvin Harrison Jr. but I wonder if we have a better chance of beating OSU with a receiver that could’ve gotten separation in that game, like a Parker Washington.

Obviously he is no Marvin Harrison Jr. but I wonder if we have a better chance of beating OSU with a receiver that could’ve gotten separation in that game, like a Parker Washington.
I know that Marvin Harrison Jr is very good but what bothers me is that he once again had his best game of the year against PSU. He only had 3 catches for 32 yds against ND and 4 catches for 25 yds against Rutgers. What has PSU been doing wrong?

I know that Marvin Harrison Jr is very good but what bothers me is that he once again had his best game of the year against PSU. He only had 3 catches for 32 yds against ND and 4 catches for 25 yds against Rutgers. What has PSU been doing wrong?
We never adjusted during the game. We covered him one on one and lined up 5-7 yds off the LOS giving him room to run the routes. Rutgers played tight coverage on the LOS disrupting both the routes and the timing,

We should have hammered him at the line. Then had second guy cover deep,

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841
We don’t know his situation. That NFL contract may have been life changing for his family. Doubt he getting much NIL money.
True, but you wonder if he could have worked his way into the 2nd or 3rd round with one more year at PSU. That would be much better money.

ND and Rutgers "bracketed" him. A CB on the outside and a safety on the inside. The problem when you cover a WR with 2 defenders, other things open up offensively.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ND and Rutgers "bracketed" him. A CB on the outside and a safety on the inside. The problem when you cover a WR with 2 defenders, other things open up offensively.
I understand but what PSU did the last 2 years sure didn't work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT