ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Wittlake crushed by his vehicle

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Here is the narrative from the GoFundMe:

"On January 7, 2024 Travis Wittlake Jr was working underneath his Dodge pickup working to take a lift off of the truck when the jack the truck was resting on gave way crushing Travis leg and body underneath the truck. His leg had a compound fracture and multiple other breaks as well as many compression fractures in his lumbar vertebrae. He was air lifted from Southwest Oregon to Salem Hospital where the trauma team helped to repair the leg and brace his back. Miraculously his injuries were not life threatening but he will have a very long road to recovery. His family could use our support as there were four total medical transports including a flight to Salem as well as extensive surgery that will require a great deal of rehabilitation.

We are hoping that through this account we can help them with the medical expenses that are not covered by insurance and the unforeseen expenses that are yet to come with such a long recovery.

As a lifelong wrestler and fan of the sport please consider joining us in helping this family and Travis in particular work through this horrific accident."

GoFundMe link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/travis-wittlake-jr-emergency-medical-fund

This is terrible news....so sorry to hear this! But thankful it was not life threatening. Thanks for posting that link......will definitely help support his recovery.

Really awful news. I was watching the RBY feed of the dual last week and he mentioned how he committed to PSU at the same time as Travis and that he was a good guy. Cael took them paintballing.

If anyone is unsure about the person who set up the Gofundme, I was able to confirm through a reliable source that it's his aunt.

Hopefully Travis makes a full recovery.

You hear stories like this and Mark Fidrych, I am glad I am not mechanically inclined.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
GoFundMe total is building at $78,568 of the $100,000 goal.......but even if they reach it, a $100 K is a drop in the bucket for the medical and rehab costs to date and what's ahead.

Reactions: Grass
GoFundMe total is building at $78,568 of the $100,000 goal.......but even if they reach it, a $100 K is a drop in the bucket for the medical and rehab costs to date and what's ahead.
Insurance will likely cover most of that hopefully. These athletes are covered better than many

Scroll down through the donors list. You'll see a lot of familiar names. Shows how tight the wrestling community is when one of our own needs help.

Scroll down through the donors list. You'll see a lot of familiar names. Shows how tight the wrestling community is when one of our own needs help.
The same thing happened for Robb and Sasso and Sorenson. We're rivals, but more like brothers. You always want to kick the shit out of your brother more than anyone else, but you're always there when they're in need, too.

GoFundMe page update from Friday:

"January 12th, 2024 by Jenny Forbes, Organizer
Just wanted to update everyone regarding Travis. He is back home with his family and beginning the long road to recovery. The first couple of nights were filled with quite a bit of pain and discomfort but it sounds like the Doctors have helped him get that under control. He has to stay pretty still while both his leg and back heal. He has a follow up in about 2-3 weeks with his surgeon to check on how his bones are healing. The Wittlake Family is SO GRATEFUL to everyone who has contributed to this fund and left notes, as well as, all of you who have reached out with words of encouragement and support. Keep Travis in your prayers as the long road to recovery is underway!
Thank you!"

GoFundMe page update from Friday:

"January 12th, 2024 by Jenny Forbes, Organizer
Just wanted to update everyone regarding Travis. He is back home with his family and beginning the long road to recovery. The first couple of nights were filled with quite a bit of pain and discomfort but it sounds like the Doctors have helped him get that under control. He has to stay pretty still while both his leg and back heal. He has a follow up in about 2-3 weeks with his surgeon to check on how his bones are healing. The Wittlake Family is SO GRATEFUL to everyone who has contributed to this fund and left notes, as well as, all of you who have reached out with words of encouragement and support. Keep Travis in your prayers as the long road to recovery is underway!
Thank you!"
Great to hear he’s on the (long) road to recovery, and that the family got the support they need from the wrestling community. Thanks for the update!

Very cool, I noticed the orange socks sunday but didnt put it together.
You know what's funny..I did notice he had orange socks, but he had Michael Meyers on the socks..thought it was his way of playing into his walk out music..didn't put the orange together with OSU

Last edited:
Not surprised and I'm sure a lot of our older wrestlers are close with Wittlake since he was committed to us at one point (class of 2018) I know RBY was (mentioned they wanted to go to the same school), same recruiting class as AB, sure he crossed paths with Carter on visits a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT