ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble for the Steelers?

Yo, Greg, you are arguing with yourself. See you in September.
You've seemed to respond every time. A ravens fan in a Steelers thread. You won't see me in a ravens thread arguing about another team who's "MVP" has a significant losing record against the thread's topic team like you have been doing!!

Come back to the Steelers threads when the ravens have 6 Super Bowl wins. See you in 75 years!

Last edited:
You've seemed to respond every time. A ravens fan in a Steelers thread. You won't see me in a ravens thread arguing about another team who's "MVP" has a significant losing record against the thread's topic team like you have been doing!!

Come back to the Steelers threads when the ravens have 6 Super Bowl wins. See you in 75 years!
I doubt that you will hear from Kasparaitis for 250 years rather than 75 years!

Reactions: GregInPitt
Like Iowa fans coming here. Trolls
You seem angry. I promise it’s not as bad as it looks. The good thing about the NFL is you can always get a quarterback next year. The trick is not drafting mid round talent in the first round and signing other team’s mistakes and washed up veterans. Play like a Raven!

You seem angry. I promise it’s not as bad as it looks. The good thing about the NFL is you can always get a quarterback next year. The trick is not drafting mid round talent in the first round and signing other team’s mistakes and washed up veterans. Play like a Raven!
No, I'm not angry. Just pointing out that it looks like trolling when a ravens fan keeps interjecting into a Steelers thread acting like the ravens are not basically in the same boat as the Steelers trying to get good enough to challenge the top NFL Teams, especially when those same ravens don't even have a recent winning record vs the Steelers...... And what is "play like a raven"? Lose 2 of 3 to the Steelers?? Just more nonsense that looks sorry in a Steelers thread ....

Reactions: MacNit2.0

No, I'm not angry. Just pointing out that it looks like trolling when a ravens fan keeps interjecting into a Steelers thread acting like the ravens are not basically in the same boat as the Steelers trying to get good enough to challenge the top NFL Teams, especially when those same ravens don't even have a recent winning record vs the Steelers...... And what is "play like a raven"? Lose 2 of 3 to the Steelers?? Just more nonsense....
Give it a rest, children.

You both won…… feel better now?

Edit: and please no ‘he started first’ posts…..

You
Give it a rest, children.

You both won…… feel better now?

Edit: and please no ‘he started first’ posts…..
I’m not winning anything. I learned a long time ago you can’t argue with a Yinzer. The enormous chip on their shoulder gets in the way. I’m just ready for the season to start so we don’t have to hear about the 70’s.

You

I’m not winning anything. I learned a long time ago you can’t argue with a Yinzer. The enormous chip on their shoulder gets in the way. I’m just ready for the season to start so we don’t have to hear about the 70’s.
And yet you never stop.

I find social media fascinating. Most everyone here is at least a college grad. Many beyong a bachelors degree. And most everyone is at least over forty, married, with children. And the vast majority are successful in their chosen profession. Many are community leaders at churches, charities, professional associations, government and more. What should be mature adults.

Yet they get in a football board and act like third graders. There are at least a dozen here that will go on for days arguing over meaningless minutia, parsing every word, page after page. Just crazy.

It might be testosterone overload as this is almost entirely a male board. Every one flexing their internet muscles, being the the Baddest Board Bastard of the Land.

I need to find a female dominated board somewhere and spend some time to see if estrogen has the same affects. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: AvgUser
And yet you never stop.

I find social media fascinating. Most everyone here is at least a college grad. Many beyong a bachelors degree. And most everyone is at least over forty, married, with children. And the vast majority are successful in their chosen profession. Many are community leaders at churches, charities, professional associations, government and more. What should be mature adults.

Yet they get in a football board and act like third graders. There are at least a dozen here that will go on for days arguing over meaningless minutia, parsing every word, page after page. Just crazy.

It might be testosterone overload as this is almost entirely a male board. Every one flexing their internet muscles, being the the Baddest Board Bastard of the Land.

I need to find a female dominated board somewhere and spend some time to see if estrogen has the same affects. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Some of what you say is true. You will never see me post a page full of statistics to prove an emotional opinion, however. But honestly I have no hard feelings. I fully understand the Yinzer mentality and don’t take it personally. My only problem is with the bully whose current user name is Purpose Pitch who for some reason began stalking me as soon as I joined this board and of course Lando The Sky is Not Blue who virtually invites ridicule with every post. And the hard core politicians who can’t bear to face the prospect that their beliefs may be wrong. In the spirit of Tom McAndrew it is OK for them to express their point of view but don’t you dare. It is all quite interesting.

Reactions: Ski
All true but it’s been a while since anyone has feared the Steelers and Tomlin is always good for a couple losses to inferior teams which you can’t blame on the GM. As a Ravens fan I’m OK with him if you are. Let’s get camps started.
Warts and all, Tomlin handles the Ravens quite well.

Reactions: bison13
Some of what you say is true. You will never see me post a page full of statistics to prove an emotional opinion, however. But honestly I have no hard feelings. I fully understand the Yinzer mentality and don’t take it personally. My only problem is with the bully whose current user name is Purpose Pitch who for some reason began stalking me as soon as I joined this board and of course Lando The Sky is Not Blue who virtually invites ridicule with every post. And the hard core politicians who can’t bear to face the prospect that their beliefs may be wrong. In the spirit of Tom McAndrew it is OK for them to express their point of view but don’t you dare. It is all quite interesting.
I have those two and several others on ignore. Life is too short…..

Reactions: Ski and royboy
The reality is Pickett was a horrible draft pick and most people knew it. Both WIlson and Fields had a better QB rating than Pickett, so to me it is an obvious upgrade. Now in reality it is probably not a big upgrade, but considering how bad our QB room as last year and what we gave up to completely replace our QB room it was a pretty good move. Now we have a good GM, and we drafted very well to fix our OLINE. So I look at it this way/ Wilson is a place holder for maybe a year, and gives the Steelers a chance to see if maybe Fields will be good enough with better talent around him and a much better franchise. If he isn't then they can draft a QB in a year or two and have a good Oline and some talent around him, and again they would have given up virtually nothing on trying to see if Fields is the future.

Now at some point though, Tomlin will need to go. The slightly above 500 and occasion playoff appearance and subsequent loss has trapped the tem in permanent Limbo so something will have to change.

The reality is Pickett was a horrible draft pick and most people knew it. Both WIlson and Fields had a better QB rating than Pickett, so to me it is an obvious upgrade. Now in reality it is probably not a big upgrade, but considering how bad our QB room as last year and what we gave up to completely replace our QB room it was a pretty good move. Now we have a good GM, and we drafted very well to fix our OLINE. So I look at it this way/ Wilson is a place holder for maybe a year, and gives the Steelers a chance to see if maybe Fields will be good enough with better talent around him and a much better franchise. If he isn't then they can draft a QB in a year or two and have a good Oline and some talent around him, and again they would have given up virtually nothing on trying to see if Fields is the future.

Now at some point though, Tomlin will need to go. The slightly above 500 and occasion playoff appearance and subsequent loss has trapped the tem in permanent Limbo so something will have to change.
They can't extend Tomlin unless he makes a good run in the playoffs as in winning a playoff game or possibly two.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Some guy I never heard of but seems to be some kinda expert says Tomlin will have his first losing season. The QB with the longest time before making a throw was Fields. Second longest was Wilson. May explain why they went so heavy on O line in draft.🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Some guy I never heard of but seems to be some kinda expert says Tomlin will have his first losing season. The QB with the longest time before making a throw was Fields. Second longest was Wilson. May explain why they went so heavy on O line in draft.🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
FWIW, many of the talking heads are saying the Steelers have the toughest schedule in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT