ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Warren surpassing Ted Kwalick as Penn State's greatest all-time TE?

Tyler Warren surpassing Ted Kwalick, Kyle Brady, Mike Gesicki, Pat Freiermuth, etc., as Penn State's greatest all-time TE?
I’m 57 years old and saw my first PSU game in 1975, so I’ve watched a lot of great players. Curt Warner is my all time favorite PSU player, but Warren is rapidly approaching him as my all time favorite, He simply is the epitome of a football player in every respect.

I’m 57 years old and saw my first PSU game in 1975, so I’ve watched a lot of great players. Curt Warner is my all time favorite PSU player, but Warren is rapidly approaching him as my all time favorite, He simply is the epitome of a football player in every respect.
Totally agree. He was awesome

Tyler Warren surpassing Ted Kwalick, Kyle Brady, Mike Gesicki, Pat Freiermuth, etc., as Penn State's greatest all-time TE?

For my money, Tyler is the greatest in our history. No disrespect to the other guys you mentioned above -- they were wonderful players -- but I never saw a single bigger game performance from any of them than today's from Warren. And totally clutch as well. There was so much on the line today.

For my money, Tyler is the greatest in our history. No disrespect to the other guys you mentioned above -- they were wonderful players -- but I never saw a single bigger game performance from any of them than today's from Warren. And totally clutch as well. There was so much on the line today.
At this point in his college career he is without a doubt PSU's best. Hopefully, it carries thru to the NFL.
Kwalick had a pretty good pro career.

Brady was an excellent blocker who could catch very well. He was a weapon on a team loaded with weapons.

Warren is an excellent receiver who can block. He is the #1 receiving option on this team currently.

Warren's reception acumen is special, but good luck separating the 2.

Tyler Warren surpassing Ted Kwalick, Kyle Brady, Mike Gesicki, Pat Freiermuth, etc., as Penn State's greatest all-time T
He played excellent ! It's great to have an offensive coordinator creative enough and willing to focus on TE.
Freiermuth was on par with Warren as a blocker IMO
The only negative about Warren today was he did miss a couple blocks but when you have 17 catches for 219 I couldn't care less if you miss a couple blocks.
17 catches today is tied for college football record . There is no negative whatsoever

That may be the greatest performance by a PSU player ever. LJ in the first half of the MSU game, but that game was meaningless against a terrible team. Curt Warner at Nebraska in 81’ going for over 200 at Lincoln. Barkley at Iowa in 2017 is up there. Lavar against Purdue in 99’.
The most amazing performance I've ever witnessed, and I'm 61. Tyler Warren just gave the greatest performance of any PSU player in its history.

Warren is the best PSU TE that I’ve seen and I’ve been watching since 1967. PSU has had a lot of really good and a few great TEs during that time. Warren is a beast and has Andy Reid drooling.
That’s because of a plate of chicken wings, not Warren.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Props to AK for coming in and quickly recognizing in one offseason that Warren is the best player on offense and scheming the entire offense around him.
Totally agree, and I am super impressed with Warren's versatility and ability to step up in the clutch. But also nervous about putting so much on one player....if for some reason we would lose him. Hard to believe DC's haven't been able to scheme to shut him down or at least contain him a bit, but with Coach K's creative approach.....maybe they can't keep up :)

Should be on Heisman list. Doubt he will being a TE.
He has 6 more weeks like this he will be. Right now he just doesn't have the stats to win it as a TE. Boise State's RB will probably literally run away with the award just based on numbers. Hunter getting hurt last night opens things up though

Boise State RB should win, Texas QB will be there, but they should consider Vanderebilt QB and Warren both being invited, if Warren keeps catching so many balls and Vandy wins a few more games......

Reactions: lazydave841
Funny how Buckeye fans were continually Poo-pooing the “lumbering” Warren magically getting open all game. It’s as if they totally missed the TE revolution in football the last 15 years or so. They may not run 4.4, but quality TEs can do so much for an offense and good ones get open because they manhandle smaller, quicker defenders.

Reactions: lazydave841
Funny how Buckeye fans were continually Poo-pooing the “lumbering” Warren magically getting open all game. It’s as if they totally missed the TE revolution in football the last 15 years or so. They may not run 4.4, but quality TEs can do so much for an offense and good ones get open because they manhandle smaller, quicker defenders.
Maybe psu can get in on the WR revolution and get the other three receivers involved.

Boise State RB should win, Texas QB will be there, but they should consider Vanderebilt QB and Warren both being invited, if Warren keeps catching so many balls and Vandy wins a few more games......
I don't see Ewers. He missed too much time

Boise's back, Travis Hunter, Cam Ward if they keep winning and they should...then it's kind of open. Don't sleep on Navy's QB finishing in the top 5. 20 TDs no turnovers and they're undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT