ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA tickets now down to ~ $50 all in

That’s a huge drop. And weather is predicted to be a perfect autumn football day!

Could it be people fed up with high cost of living and noon games?
Or people fed up with weak opponents after getting one of the few quality games last week they don't want to go back-to-back weeks?

Well...all of my strategizing seems to have gone backwards. After spending a lot of time and money watching us underdeliver vs OSU in years past my crew decided to head back to Rocky Top for the UT vs Kentucky game on 11/2. That decision gave us 3 preferred choices for our home game:

Choice 1- UCLA would be the White Out, a fresh new opponent and a chance to catch some Indian Summer/Early Fall weather.

Choice 2- was UW...but that was clearly too late for a White Out and less attractive weather-wise.Also we'd be road weary after Tennessee trip

Dead last Choice 3- llinois was never really a consideration as a team we have seen - and the pain that came along with the 9 OT loss that I still have not seen (luckily I was at Wake @ West Point game and deleted the recording of the Illini debacle as soon as I got home)

So- what will I get on Saturday?

1) A ticket that I could've gotten a lot cheaper

2) A hopefully less exciting game than Illinois or even Bowling Green

3) Only a "Personal" White Out if I go with my old Derrick Williams 2 white jersey

4) The thrill of seeing my alma mater play a team I've never seen

5) The great taste of cold beer while looking at Mt. Nittany from our tailgate spot at 8:30 in the morning

6) Visiting 2 other tailgates to see old friends (and getting my steps to burn the beer calories from #5)

7) With any luck a quick exit to get back to the condo where we are staying to watch the Phillies at 4pm

Knowing everything I do now I wouldn't change my mind. Looking forward to a beautiful day in Happy Valley and Penn State Football!

Go State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT