ADVERTISEMENT

UNC @ Minnesota in weather delay

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Game was supposed to start @ 8 EDT, now 9 EDT.

Sidebar: I just checked weather for PSU @ WVU and rain projected for 8 & 9 AM. then T-Storm possibilities around 1:30

3rd and goal from the 10 and you run the ball--then miss the FG--come on
Max hasn't been great so far but you went out and got him for a reason

Reactions: lazydave841
Cristian Driver playing WR for Minne. Not seen a target yet, no receptions. I think Fleck should have stuck with the jumbo OL set and ran duo again and again until they stopped it.

Fumble recovery taken away for a defensive hold.

Before that INT, it looked like UNC was about to get rolling. Now, tie game and essentially a reset.

Less than 500 yards of total offense for these teams combined! And they reversed roles. Minnesota threw for more yards and UNC ran for more.

UNC lost their starting QB to a leg injury. Win the battle, lose the war.

Ex-Lion Cristian Driver with 1 reception, 1 yard along with a 5 yard rush.

Less than 500 yards of total offense for these teams combined! And they reversed roles. Minnesota threw for more yards and UNC ran for more.

UNC lost their starting QB to a leg injury. Win the battle, lose the war.

Ex-Lion Cristian Driver with 1 reception, 1 yard along with a 5 yard rush.
Worth noting that this NC team is this year's version of the team WVU beat in last year's bowl game. IIRC, NC's all American QB sat out.

Also, the person in charge of fireworks shot them off when Minny missed the FG. Oops.

Worth noting that this NC team is this year's version of the team WVU beat in last year's bowl game. IIRC, NC's all American QB sat out.

Also, the person in charge of fireworks shot them off when Minny missed the FG. Oops.

I watched most of the first half before dosing off during the 3rd quarter. UNC has a couple players who are impressive (RB Hampton, who was in thr same class as Singleton, Allen, and Judkins; DT Ritzee was very disruptive with 3 sacks). The team definitely misses Maye (who sat out the bowl). Although, they sputtered late in the year before he sat out.

Maye's heir didn't play great before the injury and Minnesota looked similar. Their QB did SOME better, but their run game was not up to its usual self (I think the starting RB was out, but not positive).

Minnesota is probably going to struggle to be .500; with the ACC, you can't tell yet about UNC.

Reactions: Obliviax
I watched most of the first half before dosing off during the 3rd quarter. UNC has a couple players who are impressive (RB Hampton, who was in thr same class as Singleton, Allen, and Judkins; DT Ritzee was very disruptive with 3 sacks). The team definitely misses Maye (who sat out the bowl). Although, they sputtered late in the year before he sat out.

Maye's heir didn't play great before the injury and Minnesota looked similar. Their QB did SOME better, but their run game was not up to its usual self (I think the starting RB was out, but not positive).

Minnesota is probably going to struggle to be .500; with the ACC, you can't tell yet about UNC.
Agreed. Minny is expected to be near the bottom of the B1G this year. BTW, video of them shooting off fireworks after missing the game-winning TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT