ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova is the most popular college basketball team in PA?

Not a surprise. It's the best bball team in the state generally and has a long tradition. The Cinderella win over G-town with Massamino won a lot of hearts.

Not laughing, and I have said before...

If you asked 100,000 at Beaver Stadium when they walked in the gate to name one player on that year's basketball team, you'd have under 20,000 correct answers.

PSU is probably no better than 4th after Nova, Pitt and Temple....

..... and might be behind St. Joe's. Bucknell might be more popular.

Originally posted by Obliviax:
according to this fan poll/graphic from BTN it is. Sucks for us but sucks more for Pitt, who has become a basketball school.
A basketball school that hasn't been to a final four since 1941 and only two other Elite 8 appearances. Not very impressive.

Half the population of Pa live within 25 mi. of the school.**

zzzzzzzzzz

I get 28% but you make a good point

This tool (pretty cool by the way) calculates the Pennsylvania population within 25 miles of zip code 19085 to be just under 3.6 million, roughly 28% of that of PA (~12.8 million)

Re: Pennsylvania fans know quality when they see it.*

One Final Four in 30 years. Overrated.

Tells me PA is a declining state

consisting of a bunch of gray hairs and it does not bespeak to the dominance of Nova hoops, especially outside those state lines which are more imagined than real.
laugh.r191677.gif

Overrated howso? Everyone knows they suck at sports

Basketball and football are afterthoughts. Do they even have other sports?

The Philadelphia area is 4-5 times larger than the Pittsburgh area. Just pure numbers. Didn't know Penn State had a basketball team.

Nova will struggle going forward with the cost of attendance fee. It will be hard for any of these smaller schools to pay several hundred athletes the new COA fee. I expect PSU (and others) to start picking up the PA kids from these smaller schools.

LMAO... reminds me of an old, now departed, St. Joe fan ...

He would remind us how the only 3 things he hated in life were communism, BinLaden, and Villanova.

roll.r191677.gif

Loved Barkley's comment on them "the Atlanta Hawks of the NCAA"

Referring to well coached, well executed, "team" basketball.

Re: Loved Barkley's comment on them "the Atlanta Hawks of the NCAA"

Nova does not have to pay all athletes the COA. Schools can select which sports as long as they stay in t9 compliance. Nova could decide to just do it for mens and womens hoops. That would be 28 max. About 150k per year. That is about 6% of Jay Wright salary.

Not that you care (or that it matters)

but according to that tool anyway, you have to go almost 75 miles out to hit 50%

Re: Loved Barkley's comment on them "the Atlanta Hawks of the NCAA"

This^^^^ Big East said they will match top competition in basketball for COA. Nova isn't going anywhere.

TheGlove what's your take on NCAA sanctions coming down for Carolina? Best wishes in S16. Cards got a tough assignment today with NIU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT