ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors win their 72nd game. Tied with the Bulls.

As far as I'm concerned Golden State is the sports story of the year by far. No other sports story compares.

Reactions: simons96
Incredible for a team that 99.5% of america can't name a 2nd player on their team.

As far as I'm concerned Golden State is the sports story of the year by far. No other sports story compares.

Completely agree with you here.
Have not watched a game of basketball on TV (NBA) in years. Watched or followed their last 8 games. Which, as it turns out is probably their worst streak. However, best thing happening in sports today.

LdN

Reactions: LemonEars
Enjoyable team to watch play. I've got caught up late watching some of their games. Kerr and his players have an obvious respect for the game and the past. Former Bulls have said they'd sweep these guys or whatever and they've never taken the bait and have always shown respect. They're aware this is a once in a career type opportunity and are taking advantage of it. Obviously, Kerr has ties to those Bulls and has done an amazing job with this group. Team is fun and likeable but cold blooded killers on the court. If they get past the Spurs in the playoffs, they'll be easy to root for againt Lebron and his group of idiots.

Reactions: LemonEars

Well, Villanova's NCAA win and Speith's collapse today would certainly be contenders.

I suspect Golden State will win the NBA Championship but if they don't people will forget the 72 (or 73) pretty quickly.

Let me say this....I was no fan of those Bulls teams...in fact, I could not stand them and I was no fan of Michael Jordan during his playing career. I say that so no one thinks I am an MJ or Bulls homer.....but here is the way I see it. I think the Bulls would mop the floor with the Warriors.

First....Jordan is the best player ever....ever!!!! So right there the Bulls have an advantage. They also have another player in Pippen who was a defensive master and is a Hall of Famer and I think a top 50 player all time. I think the Bulls size and length would totally take the Warriors out of their game.

Well the year is just over 3 months old so proclaiming them the story of the year is WAY, WAY pre-mature. Plus the fact that they have won exactly nothing substantial (like, you know, the championship) yet.

With the summer Olympics and 9 months of the year still remaining I wouldn't call it right now.

Last edited:
Well the year is just over 3 months old so proclaiming them the story of the year is WAY, WAY pre-mature. Plus the fact that they have won exactly nothing substantial (like, you know, the championship) yet.

With the summer Olympics and 9 months of the year still remaining I wouldn't call it right now.

What a strange post. Do you think none of us realize it is April?

I agree that Jordan is the best ever. We obviously will never know but people saying that those Bulls would destroy or even sweep these Warriors are a little goofy. They didn't even sweep a series in their 72 win season! Against anyone.

Scottie Pippen was one of the best defenders ever. Still, I would love to see what would happen to him if he tried to get up on Curry at the perimeter and jam on him. It would make him shut up pretty quick I bet. Curry is one of the most unstoppable people in sports because he now literally does EVERYTHING well. Watch what he does even to a guy like Russell Westbrook. It's like Curry is on another planet right now.

Plus Thompson is a freak also. When Iguadala is basically a solid role player you are loaded. Barnes could probably turn into a star if he was a feature guy. Then you have guys like Livingston. They come at you in waves. Bogut, Speights, etc. Then you have Draymond Green who might be the most versatile guy in basketball.

I agree that Jordan is the best ever. We obviously will never know but people saying that those Bulls would destroy or even sweep these Warriors are a little goofy. They didn't even sweep a series in their 72 win season! Against anyone.

Scottie Pippen was one of the best defenders ever. Still, I would love to see what would happen to him if he tried to get up on Curry at the perimeter and jam on him. It would make him shut up pretty quick I bet. Curry is one of the most unstoppable people in sports because he now literally does EVERYTHING well. Watch what he does even to a guy like Russell Westbrook. It's like Curry is on another planet right now.

Plus Thompson is a freak also. When Iguadala is basically a solid role player you are loaded. Barnes could probably turn into a star if he was a feature guy. Then you have guys like Livingston. They come at you in waves. Bogut, Speights, etc. Then you have Draymond Green who might be the most versatile guy in basketball.

I think it's hilarious that anyone would say that the Warriors would be swept ... but the biggest thing is it depends on when they're playing. If they're playing with NBA 90s rules back then ... then the Bulls win 4-0 or 4-1. The Bulls would play more physical and basically bang around Curry/Thompson and not allow them to be as good as they are and nothing would be called. If they were playing with NBA 2010's rules ... honestly I think the Warriors win 4-2. Half of the Bulls would be fouled out and while Jordan is still the GOAT ... think about what Lebron (closest thing right now to Jordan) does when he faces the Warriors. It's not like he goes off for 40-50 every time on them. Quite a few times he's been flat out shut down. Warriors would never sweep those Bulls and Bulls may be able to sweep the Warriors but if both teams were in their prime it also depended on what type of rules they would be playing with in my opinion

Incredible for a team that 99.5% of america can't name a 2nd player on their team.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people know who Klay Thompson is. Some even know Draymond Green. Outside of those 3 though your number would be more accurate.

I think it's hilarious that anyone would say that the Warriors would be swept ... but the biggest thing is it depends on when they're playing. If they're playing with NBA 90s rules back then ... then the Bulls win 4-0 or 4-1. The Bulls would play more physical and basically bang around Curry/Thompson and not allow them to be as good as they are and nothing would be called. If they were playing with NBA 2010's rules ... honestly I think the Warriors win 4-2. Half of the Bulls would be fouled out and while Jordan is still the GOAT ... think about what Lebron (closest thing right now to Jordan) does when he faces the Warriors. It's not like he goes off for 40-50 every time on them. Quite a few times he's been flat out shut down. Warriors would never sweep those Bulls and Bulls may be able to sweep the Warriors but if both teams were in their prime it also depended on what type of rules they would be playing with in my opinion

the new rules DO favor a long range shooting team like the Warriors, but I think the 95-96 Bulls would adjust.

ironically, it would be with Kerr. LOL.

here's the weird thing . . . Warriors as a team shoot 41.5% from 3, with Curry, Thompson, and Rush shooting over 40%

95-96 Bulls shot 40% with Kerr, Kukoc, Buechler, and Jordan all over 40%. Kerr actually had a better 3-pt shooting percentage than Curry

but the Warriors shoot way more from 3 (2545 attempts) than the Bulls (1349 attempts)

I think it comes down to defense. The Warriors don't get the credit they deserve, but that 95-96 Bulls team was SO lockdown on D. and so physical. Rodman was a beast on the boards, and I think he would irritate and frustrate Draymond Green to no end

another weird stat . . . Bulls were 2-0 in OT games. Warriors are 6-1. I favor the Bulls in tighter games. Jordan would not let a game get to OT.

would be an interesting matchup, but Pippen is right in the sense the Bulls were taller, faster, and more physical than this Warriors squad.

I think the Bulls would win 4-2.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
That's a fair post. It would be incredible watching those styles and players collide. They are both all time teams though. If the Warriors can keep this together they can equal that dynasty also. They both have so many weapons and the style is night/day and the game itself is night/day. Both would also take a while and struggle to adjust to each others era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT