ADVERTISEMENT

Was there a post-game incident Saturday?

was this guy along with Dan Connors on that practical joke thing?

I believe that was on South Atherton. Not sure what street this was heard on.....

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Remember that offseason late in Paterno's career when 22 or 23 PSU football players were arrested? Seems so long ago now. That should have been enough to get Paterno "retired" which would have the best thing for him -- would have saved him from that horrific last year of his life.

Remember that offseason late in Paterno's career when 22 or 23 PSU football players were arrested? Seems so long ago now. That should have been enough to get Paterno "retired" which would have the best thing for him -- would have saved him from that horrific last year of his life.
The Sandusky issue which he had nothing to do with, or the lung cancer he was going to get anyway?

some background on that. there was this maniacal prosecutor and a woman in charge of campus judiciary that kind of went nuts. Basically, you could be charged with anything and immediately expelled with zero due process or representation. And, the majority of arrests stemmed from an incident where a guy was talking crap to a player's girlfriend. At some point, the kid to the player's (or his GF's) cell phone and damaged it. The player went back, got several other players and they went to the kid's apartment. They pushed their way in to gain access and were charged with breaking and entering (a felony). Then there was a fight so another handful got charged with assalt. IIRC, they weren't supposed to be able to play while the charges were being investigated. Several were seniors. Joe told the PSU judiciary to screw off and played them and made them clean the stadium afterwards.

Do I remember that correctly? I am sure many of the details were wrong but think it was directionally correct. The only other thing I can recall is that the PSU official looked like John Lithgow in drag and trashed Joe in the New York Times after the Sandusky thing came out.

Last edited:
some background on that. their was this maniacal prosecutor and a woman in charge of campus judiciary that kind of went nuts. Basically, you could be charged with anything and immediately expelled with zero due process or representation. And, the majority of arrests stemmed from an incident where a guy was talking crap to a player's girlfriend. At some point, the kid to the player's (or his GF's) cell phone and damaged it. The player went back, got several other players and they went to the kid's apartment. They pushed their way in to gain access and were charged with breaking and entering (a felony). Then there was a fight so another handful got charged with assalt. IIRC, they weren't supposed to be able to play while the charges were being investigated. Several were seniors. Joe told the PSU judiciary to screw off and played them and made them clean the stadium afterwards.

Do I remember that correctly? I am sure many of the details were wrong but think it was directionally correct. The only other thing I can recall is that the PSU official looked like John Lithgow in drag and trashed Joe in the New York Times after the Sandusky thing came out.
Vicky Triponey.

some background on that. there was this maniacal prosecutor and a woman in charge of campus judiciary that kind of went nuts. Basically, you could be charged with anything and immediately expelled with zero due process or representation. And, the majority of arrests stemmed from an incident where a guy was talking crap to a player's girlfriend. At some point, the kid to the player's (or his GF's) cell phone and damaged it. The player went back, got several other players and they went to the kid's apartment. They pushed their way in to gain access and were charged with breaking and entering (a felony). Then there was a fight so another handful got charged with assalt. IIRC, they weren't supposed to be able to play while the charges were being investigated. Several were seniors. Joe told the PSU judiciary to screw off and played them and made them clean the stadium afterwards.

Who was it that brought that whack job to the campus judiciary? Was it the feck nuts that were on the BOT that made all the decisions leading up to the fiasco?

Is there some kind of rule that says the OP could just come out and post what they heard?
3 players. Video. Burner account.Video posted on social media. Donthave any specifics.

I’d guess something sexual. But, who knows? Heard they were booted off team.

For the uninitiated, Ro's sig pic is not Vicky Triponey. ;)
triponeypennstatex-large.jpg
giphy.gif

The Sandusky issue which he had nothing to do with, or the lung cancer he was going to get anyway?
He did have something to do with the Sandusky issue. He did everything by the books and his handling of issue was exactly the NCAA recommendation on how to handle incidents like the Sandusky issue that the NCAA came with out after 2011.

FWIW, if anybody wants to hear an interview that succinctly disects the colossal miscairrage of justice that ocurred at Penn State, please listen to the following recent 46 minute interview of Professor Frederick Crews by veteran NCIS Special Agent John Snedden. Crews is an American essayist, literary critic and Professor emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT