ADVERTISEMENT

watching coaching turmoil - we need rolling or multiple LOI days

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
no need for all this self created turmoil. it all is due to the Feb 4 LOI day.

set a pre-season date (say Aug 1st) and spring (say April 15th). or just have a continuous signing, then there are no need for verbal commits. late date also would ensure we don't have the Adam McLean events who cannot qualify, but appears to be a commit.

either way, coach replacement can take place over a longer period of time and not be so insane. I would bet it might also help contain coaching salaries as you don't have all the demand compressed in a short window and people feel pressure to over pay.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Why should players be locked into a school early when there's nothing keeping the staff from being fired or leaving for another job? All the craziness we're seeing is a result of of a sport where the pressure to win immediately is incredible. Where university presidents can get fired if football attendance numbers are down. Where a handful of boosters can hold a program hostage. Coaches need to have the security to build a program over four years without looking over their shoulders after every loss. Instead, the "hot-seat" talk begins after one mediocre season. No one has patients in today's society and it is causing the craziness we see every December.

Last edited:
no need for all this self created turmoil. it all is due to the Feb 4 LOI day.

set a pre-season date (say Aug 1st) and spring (say April 15th). or just have a continuous signing, then there are no need for verbal commits. late date also would ensure we don't have the Adam McLean events who cannot qualify, but appears to be a commit.

either way, coach replacement can take place over a longer period of time and not be so insane. I would bet it might also help contain coaching salaries as you don't have all the demand compressed in a short window and people feel pressure to over pay.
"no need for all this self created turmoil. it all is due to the Feb 4 LOI day."

I could come up with - off the top of my head - probably a half-dozen or so negatives (from the standpoint of the recruits) surrounding early or multiple signing day(s)

If pressed, I suppose I could come up with a couple of potential benefits (generally, for the coaches)

I - for the life of me - can't even come up with one reasonable way in which early or multiple signing days would reduce or eliminate coaching turmoil.

What am I missing?

"no need for all this self created turmoil. it all is due to the Feb 4 LOI day."

I could come up with - off the top of my head - probably a half-dozen or so negatives (from the standpoint of the recruits) surrounding early or multiple signing day(s)

If pressed, I suppose I could come up with a couple of potential benefits (generally, for the coaches)

I - for the life of me - can't even come up with one reasonable way in which early or multiple signing days would reduce or eliminate coaching turmoil.

What am I missing?
If anything move it back not up. That way all the moves are made. Heck why not move it to after their senior yr?? That way you know their grades , you've had spring practice so you know your depth chart, every bodies health would be know, and very few if any coaching moves. This way if the guy leaves Bowling Green to go to Syracuse he could at least stay for BG bowl game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT