ADVERTISEMENT

Way, way OT: Any fans here of the comic strip "Big Nate?"

I can't say that I read it every day, but it is one of the better strips out there. A couple of years ago, when my son was in his period of reading the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series non-stop, we picked up a couple of the Big Nate books for him and he enjoyed those as well.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
And way, way OT from your original post -- anyone who enjoys comic strips should check out "The Comics Curmudgeon" blog, which is a hilarious daily deconstruction of the daily comics.

I don't think I've ever seen him take on "Big Nate," though.

www,joshreads.com

I can't say that I read it every day, but it is one of the better strips out there. A couple of years ago, when my son was in his period of reading the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series non-stop, we picked up a couple of the Big Nate books for him and he enjoyed those as well.

Same here, my son liked to read those books and we read them together. Clever writing.

Same here, my son liked to read those books and we read them together. Clever writing.
There's a line in the first one that I was reading aloud -- I got to it and it started a laughing fit that went on for about 5 minutes. In regards to the younger brother's blanket, "Tingy," he says that it's not really a blanket anymore, it's more like a few pieces of yarn held together with raisins and boogers.

It just struck me as really funny when reading it aloud. It's still a family catchphrase whenever something looks poorly put-together: "It's held together with raisins and boogers."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT