Jun 2, 2001
1. Bama
2. Miami
Not much consensus next 5.

OSU number 8 in both.

Lots of games remaining.

Oops: 13 in AP, but we will climb in weeks to come as others fall

Reactions: step.eng69
We will end up solidly in top 10 in AP, Coaches and CFP polls.

I think you will see Ohio State make a run at the playoff.

OSU has a fairly clear path to Final 4 if they beat Wisconsin. Clemson or Miami will surely lose at least once as they play and UGA will lose to Bama. They need Bama to beat Auburn. Sickening they may make the playoffs

Reactions: N&B4PSU
OSU has a fairly clear path to Final 4 if they beat Wisconsin. Clemson or Miami will surely lose at least once as they play and UGA will lose to Bama. They need Bama to beat Auburn. Sickening they may make the playoffs

We can watch Bama kill them :)

No. OSU got crushed twice. The PSU precedent has been set. If OSU gets in it’s criminal. There’s no way of explaining their choice based on last year’s criteria.

I. WILL. GO. BALLISTIC. IF. OSU. GETS. IN.

First time I ever did that upper case thing. Last time too.:)

But if Miami loses to Clemson and only has one loss, based on last year they should get in over a two loss OSU team. There has to be some consistency for any type of credibility.

No. OSU got crushed twice. The PSU precedent has been set. If OSU gets in it’s criminal. There’s no way of explaining their choice based on last year’s criteria.

I. WILL. GO. BALLISTIC. IF. OSU. GETS. IN.

First time I ever did that upper case thing. Last time too.:)

There is no Penn State precendent...Ohio State is getting in if they win out

But if Miami loses to Clemson and only has one loss, based on last year they should get in over a two loss OSU team. There has to be some consistency for any type of credibility.

You're not comparing the same teams or circumstances. It isn't just record. Miami has 2 decent wins all year and they play two crappy teams the next two weeks. They won't have the Ohio State resume with a win over OU especially if ND can't beat Stanford.

I could see Michigan losing on the road at Wisconsin but edging OSU at home. Even if OSU beats UM, can't see them beating Wisconsin.

Michigan beats osu and psu beats Wisconsin in big championship and then who knows

Ohio State needs some help to get in...not just to win out.

How?!?! Clemson or Miami will lose and Ohio State will jump them. 2 of the SEC teams will lose so Ohio State jumps them unless one is Bama. And they will have beaten Wisconsin so they jump them. Let's use logic not our hatred of Ohio State/Meyer/co

Yep heard all last year. Michigan blow out was one of top reason why PSU didn’t get in, even though it was in beginning of the season. Didn’t matter if PSU had 9 straight wins beating 1 top 5 and 1 top 10 team in that stretch . We got blown out by Michigan so no playoffs for them.

OSU not 1 but 2 blowout losses.

Reactions: nits74 and PSUoh90
How?!?! Clemson or Miami will lose and Ohio State will jump them. 2 of the SEC teams will lose so Ohio State jumps them unless one is Bama. And they will have beaten Wisconsin so they jump them. Let's use logic not our hatred of Ohio State/Meyer/co
Logic says GA has to lose to Bama, or both will get in. Logic says if Clemson beats Miami, Miami may still get in (despite your love of OSU). Logic says USC winning the PAC 12 may get them in over OSU especially if OSU doesn't look good in their last remaining games. Logic says if Oklahoma loses in the championship game to Okie State, Oklahoma may still get in over Ohio State since they beat them. Logic says Ohio State needs more than just to win out.

Logic says that Michigan will beat osu and psu will beat Wisconsin and after the other upsets they will be looking at psu again.

Although they did that in 1968 and 1969

Logic says GA has to lose to Bama, or both will get in. Logic says if Clemson beats Miami, Miami may still get in (despite your love of OSU). Logic says USC winning the PAC 12 may get them in over OSU especially if OSU doesn't look good in their last remaining games. Logic says if Oklahoma loses in the championship game to Okie State, Oklahoma may still get in over Ohio State since they beat them. Logic says Ohio State needs more than just to win out.

Southern Cal has no shot over Ohio State
Miami would have to lose a very close game and I can't imagine the ACC getting two teams...only the SEC has that type of brand power
Oklahoma is supposed to beat Oklahoma State so that isn't "help" IMO but either way that's still one Big XII team in.
Let's pretend Bama is in no matter what which is reasonable. The likelihood of the ACC or Big XII getting two teams is very low. The Pac XII is DONE. Notre Dame is DONE. Ohio State would be in trouble if Wisconsin drops a game before the title game, Georgia or Auburn win the SEC or (ironically) if we lose a game.

Logic says that Michigan will beat osu and psu will beat Wisconsin and after the other upsets they will be looking at psu again.

Although they did that in 1968 and 1969
Only problem is Osu will still play Wisconsin even if they lose to Michigan.

How is a team that has two pretty pathetic losses get in to the top 10? 5 spots ahead of a team with same number of losses totaling 4 points? This is where rankings make no sense.

QUALITY WINS. STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. EYE TEST.
We pass none of those
My eyes must have been fuzzy during the Iowa game....I thought OSU failed the eye test miserably in that game, much like we did last year against UM and it was used against us big time. Let's just go with popularity contest and certain teams will always get the benefit of the doubt while others won't. That would at least make it tolerable.

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
To Raz and others calling PSU in B1G championship, please tell me how we get there. All tie breakers appear against us except vs Michigan. You thinking OSU loses next 2 weeks?

I'm not sure why you guys keep arguing with this guy. 1/3 of his total posts are in this thread. Just because he says we when he refers to PSU does not a PSU fan make him. I'm guessing OSU, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is a Pitt rat.

Yep--behind ND, OK State, TCU & USC...probably the same as the playoff rankings will be

Isn't it ridiculous that ND is ahead of PSU? ND get blown out, a loss that no top 10 team should have on their resume. And also a loss to UGA, who was exposed this week as well. And we have two losses, both away from home, by a total of 4 points.

I'm not understanding how USC is ranked ahead of us

They have wins over Stanford and Arizona both of whom are 7-3

2 road losses to ranked teams but got absolutely destroyed by ND

That's not a better resume than PSU. No way.

USC ahead of us is a problem. I could go either way on Notre Dame. They lost to 2 top 10 teams though that Georgia loss looks less "good" now. I think the problem is, honestly, is that our only ranked wins are Michigan & Northwestern (assuming Iowa will be out tomorrow) and one of our losses may not be ranked or at least won't be in the top 20.

A sixteen team playoffs fixes everything in all honesty.

If Ohio State gets in it's a complete joke. At least our blowout loss to Michigan came very early and we were riddled with injuries. There is no way they belong in the playoffs.

Reactions: 10 Years After
USC ahead of us is a problem. I could go either way on Notre Dame. They lost to 2 top 10 teams though that Georgia loss looks less "good" now. I think the problem is, honestly, is that our only ranked wins are Michigan & Northwestern (assuming Iowa will be out tomorrow) and one of our losses may not be ranked or at least won't be in the top 20.

A sixteen team playoffs fixes everything in all honesty.

It would ruin the best regular season in sports

Reactions: psu2016 and AJ65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT