ADVERTISEMENT

We need everyone healthy for OSU in 2 weeks

cyrizzle

Jan 10, 2010
Most important player that we need healthy is Saquon. I say sit him this week, regardless of whether he is cleared by the docs or not, as we could beat Army with the Scott/Allen combo. I am concerned Akeel is going to be out for the year, and this will be a big loss. If he is indeed done for the season, we should highly consider burning Robinson's redshirt. We aren't going to beat many more teams with Scott or Allen as our #2 back. Saquon cant carry the ball every play. If Marcus Allen or Lucas aren't at 100%, sit them this week. Once again, Army is by far the easiest team on our schedule, and we could beat them with our second string. There is no need to risk anymore injuries this week. With everyone healthy, we have a CHANCE to beat any team on our schedule. Our pass rush is one of the best in the country and we could stop any running game with Zettel/Johnson playing at the level they have been. I think nassib will give OSU OTs fits with his pass rushing and we can hold them to a respectable point total. The key is, we need Saquon at 100% against them. Lets rest our stars and guys who were hurt last week and get back to 100% vs OSU.

I agree on burning the redshirt. Running Backs come and go. Play everyone possible. The time to win is now. There will be 5 to 7 other backs added to this team by the time Robinson is a senior.

Most important player that we need healthy is Saquon. I say sit him this week, regardless of whether he is cleared by the docs or not, as we could beat Army with the Scott/Allen combo. I am concerned Akeel is going to be out for the year, and this will be a big loss. If he is indeed done for the season, we should highly consider burning Robinson's redshirt. We aren't going to beat many more teams with Scott or Allen as our #2 back. Saquon cant carry the ball every play. If Marcus Allen or Lucas aren't at 100%, sit them this week. Once again, Army is by far the easiest team on our schedule, and we could beat them with our second string. There is no need to risk anymore injuries this week. With everyone healthy, we have a CHANCE to beat any team on our schedule. Our pass rush is one of the best in the country and we could stop any running game with Zettel/Johnson playing at the level they have been. I think nassib will give OSU OTs fits with his pass rushing and we can hold them to a respectable point total. The key is, we need Saquon at 100% against them. Lets rest our stars and guys who were hurt last week and get back to 100% vs OSU.
Shock the world. Mark it down

You can't run between the tackles with the two RB's we are going to run out there against Army. Its either take the shirt off somebody, or chop out half the playbook.

Make your choice.

Nah, we should sit most of the first string against O$U. Make Delany waste his special officiating crew and replay excuses. You know, that high tech booth that doesn't have audio to hear the whistle when PSU recovers a fumble before the play is whistled dead or video malfunctions when needed.

Don't save anyone for Ohio St as we will need everyone for Indiana.
Agreed. Games like Indiana, Maryland, and Illinois are key to ensuring a winning season. If we win those three plus Army that gets us to 7 wins. If we can beat Michigan or Northwestern that would be a bonus.

Reactions: BBrown

I think we need to make sure we win every game we are capable of winning. Just my opinion...

Reactions: BBrown

Agree although I'm not sure our depth is good enough to just line up and beat anyone including army.
But I think you are correct we can win with Scott/Allen and maybe even a Thomas or Robinson sighting.
I want Saquon fully healthy for Indy because I don't think we can beat Indy without him but I think we need a solid 2nd string back to help share the load and I don't think either Scott or Allen can provided that.
Hack should have a 300+ game against Army.
Army's rushing attack will cause problems, even for our Dline and LB'rs. It would be nice to have Lucas and or Allen but I agree with you that sitting them would probably be best.
I'm am a little worried about our DE's over running the play or getting too far up field. Nassib is going great but the other guys are young and this is a rushing attack that they are not used to seeing so as the saying goes they will have to maintain the edge and angles and not over pursue. I'm sure we will hear Jack Ham say that a 100 times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT