ADVERTISEMENT

we open at Wisky in 2021...just plain silly

I understand the FSU/Bama thing..and I'd be fine playing either of them. I do not like having first game a con game although i agree it's not unfair...i just would prefer the con games to be later in the season...it does mean more to lose a con game than a non con game, ATC,,,

I understand the FSU/Bama thing..and I'd be fine playing either of them. I do not like having first game a con game although i agree it's not unfair...i just would prefer the con games to be later in the season...it does mean more to lose a con game than a non con game, ATC,,,
i see your point. A non-conference loss is recoverable...a conference loss is not.

Wisky, Wisky, Wisky will sound better than Akron, Akron, Akron.

Tough game to start, but I'm guessing it will be tougher yet for the Badgers.

Yep, just imagine how the Badger fans will feel, having to open against a PSU team that is loaded with 4 straight years of top 10 recruiting classes........

And I would be more concerned with Auburn in week 3..... even though that game is at home.

Last edited:
i see your point. A non-conference loss is recoverable...a conference loss is not.

We seemed to recover just fine last year. It's going to be a heavy lift for any team in the B1G East to go undefeated in conference. I think that will be the exception rather than the norm.

I think it's fine. Miami and Florida State opened up for many years. Have a great fall camp and come out blastin'. You gotta play them anyway, right? Why not start off power-packed?

Did we not open the season with Minnesota in 1993? First year of B1G for us? I know we just dynamited them. I think it was Opening Day but I could be wrong.

I have no problem with it. It'll give more urgency and focus to preseason preparations. I'd like to think the coaches and players would embrace the challenge.

PSU has to open conference play with Wisconsin, OSU gets Indiana. Just another example of B19 scheduling bias.

I think it's fine. Miami and Florida State opened up for many years. Have a great fall camp and come out blastin'. You gotta play them anyway, right? Why not start off power-packed?

Did we not open the season with Minnesota in 1993? First year of B1G for us? I know we just dynamited them. I think it was Opening Day but I could be wrong.

Yep, and we opened at Minnesota in 1994. And in both years, USC was game #2 and Iowa was game #3. Horrible what has happened with our scheduling.

OSU at Indiana wasn't ideal, but this is stupid...

Are you kidding me? We play VT in Blacksburg in 2020. I assumed they were coming to State College in 2021. It appears they aren't coming until 2025. We were supposed to have a home and home with UVA, but we played in Charlottesville in 2012, and the game in State College was apparently canceled.

Why would we play these teams home and home and every time we start away and then get burned? Seriously!

Are you kidding me? We play VT in Blacksburg in 2020. I assumed they were coming to State College in 2021. It appears they aren't coming until 2025. We were supposed to have a home and home with UVA, but we played in Charlottesville in 2012, and the game in State College was apparently canceled.

Why would we play these teams home and home and every time we start away and then get burned? Seriously!

And we play Wisconsin to start the season in 2021 away? Really?

Both the Auburn and WVU series start with a home game for PSU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT