ADVERTISEMENT

Weather For Rutgers Match…

When the spreadsheet I was keeping for snow accumulation on the trip showed over half a foot in Cresson, I tapped out.

As a kid, when we visited my aunt in Portage, Pa, she'd talk about tour busses that would get stuck on the Cresson mountain and have to stay the night on the road until help could come at daylight and the snow was over.

In retirement I'm a Stagehand and was supposed to work the Evanescence concert at the Peterson Events center tomorrow.

Around 5 pm today I was notified it was canceled. I'm sure it is over their tractors trailers on the road.

Unfortunately that band also canceled in December over band members or Roadies with covid.

It’s still snowing pretty good here in Jtown. Not sure how much so far. It’s too cold for me to go out and check. Lol
Same here. I just looked out the window. According to my car it was 21 degrees in SC when I was driving home and I expect it will keep falling. I'm just staying home watching football and wrestling that I have recorded until late tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
It’s still snowing pretty good here in Jtown. Not sure how much so far. It’s too cold for me to go out and check. Lol
I just did a round of snow blowing. I'm guessing we got 6 inches so far. Hard to tell cause it's so windy. It's pretty light stuff. I used my leaf blower to clear the sidewalks and edges. Although I ate a few face fulls of snow due to the wind.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I just did a round of snow blowing. I'm guessing we got 6 inches so far. Hard to tell cause it's so windy. It's pretty light stuff. I used my leaf blower to clear the sidewalks and edges. Although I ate a few face fulls of snow due to the wind.
Just put one foot out the door to go shovel the walks and changed my mind. Lol

I live a couple miles from the summit exit. I never take the new highway in bad weather. I go old 22. Gets me to the same spot without all the idiots on the highway.

My dad was born, lived and died in Lilly, which for those that don't know is right next door to Cresson. I still crack up thinking about when snow storms would roll through the area and my dad would say that we lived in "the asshole of the universe." :D

My dad was born, lived and died in Lilly, which for those that don't know is right next door to Cresson. I still crack up thinking about when snow storms would roll through the area and my dad would say that we lived in "the asshole of the universe." :D
My cousin (from Portage) married a girl from Lilly. They moved to Virginia And had some very athletic kids. They were both very good wrestlers, the youngest in particular but chose baseball in college. He’s a freshman this year at Virginia Military Academy.

Reactions: hlstone
I belong to a cabin that my father helped establish on the Armenia Mountain in Tioga County back in 48. I always laugh when I see the radar and the blip of green or blue between Tioga and Bradford county. We had 12" of rain there in Sept this year. Always have lots of snow and wind too. I've said the same thing about our universe!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT