ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK 2.. The Columnist FKA SG OUT BREAKS IT DOWN.. HARD....

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
1) a positive, Cliff was accurate on the short stuff/screens. Mike Morelli and Hack scarred me for life.. we had 2 5* QB's that couldn't complete 2 step drop throws. Deep stuff needs to be better.
2) we REALLY need a home run RB.. Lee looks faster but is still learning to stay north/south @Thomas Frank Carr . Cain was never fast but he lacks explosiveness for right now. Ford is quick, not fast, and wastes even more motion while running then even Lee. Singleton is needed now. At this point Lee is our best hope till Lovett gets healthy. The RB's are not doing the OL any favors right now.
3) Hardy is coming into his own.. reminds me of Tony Pittman Jr size and speed wise. We play some HORRIBLE QB's and need to catch int's.. Iowa = sucks with no WR, Petras is a mouth breather who threw for only 106 yards. Michigan QB threw for only 44 YARDS vs Washington. I will do a sep post on just how awful BIG QB's are
4) I'm most surprised how much push Luketa can get at DE.. he is reallyyy strong.. reminds me of a Brandon Graham, but not quite at that level. He would make an excellent locker room bully if Hollywood comes knocking.
5) Stout is good.. I worry about fatigue and I like using Jake from State farm on xp's
6) Tarburton just makes plays.. how I'm not sure.. but he is always around the ball.
7) @Thomas Frank Carr don't sweat the TE's.. if they could make plays last year they surely can this year. Tyler Warren is carving out some time by being a willing blocker
8) Quiet game for pass rush.. Ball State was literally afraid to run normal plays.. haven't seen that much cowardice since Wisconsin 2021 game plan
9) Brandon Smith starting to understand his job.. very effective yesterday
10) Joey Porter needs to shut his mouth and just play football, if I was Franklin I would bench him for a series. He is a chip off the old block on the field (seems like a great kid off the field). I was a shitty kid on and off the field. 😅😅 @lionlover
11) KLS will be good by mid year.. flashes.. drops.. flashes.. gives up on ball.. flashes..
12) Tim Banks is addition by subtraction.. thank God he's gone. I miss our safety's taking each other out while the WR is heading for the end zone @SJLuvsLions
13) Curtis Jacobs MISSING posters are being distributed on Atherton.. please pitch in and help us find him
14) Kalen King will be our first legit corner.. he's like Justin King minus the fear of contact thing, if J King was still playing he could NLI Charmin. Dude should have played WR, would have had 10 year NFL career.. D Will would still be playing Safety in the league as well
15) 55 caught my vision few times.. just figured out it was Fat's Mulbah

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News