ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Rutgers Week!!

rutgersal

Jun 7, 2001
After a deplorable 2016 season, Rutgers has already doubled its win total in 2017, and seeks to add to its victory total. Rutgers victories have included:

-Morgan State
-Illinois
-Purdue
-Maryland

Key to Rutgers improvement has been:

- The emergence of RB Gus "The Bus" Edwards, who probably has been our most consistent offensive player. Gus is difficult to bring down, and makes a lot of yards after contact

- improved talent and depth. Rutgers has suffered a plethora of injuries, but other players have stepped in and performed admirably, allowing Rutgers to win 3 out of its last four games.

- improved line performance. In its victories, Rutgers was able to control the line of scrimmage , something which was a rarity last year

- improved ability to generate turnovers. Today's game against Maryland,was decided by a Pick 6, Marylands qb threw.

- QB Gio Resigno playing well. He doesn't pass for a lot of yards, but he manages the game and avoids mistakes, for he most part. I like to think of him as a poor mans McSorley.

- improved coaching. Jerry Kill, who used to be Minnesotas head coach, is now Rutgers Offensive Coordinator, and his guidance has enabled the offense to perform well against average competition. The offense has struggled against elite competition like Michigan and OSU.

- improved special teams. Coverage units have performed much better, and the punting has improved since the beginning of the season

In upcoming days, I will provide a prediction.

After a deplorable 2016 season, Rutgers has already doubled its win total in 2017, and seeks to add to it.................
In upcoming days, I will provide a prediction.
You can wait to make your prediction rutgersal, but I will not. My doctor told me to stay away from this board all week as the pressure of this BIG RIVALRY game is bad for my heart. I will follow his advice and make my prediction now. Rutgers wins 35-10. The reasons are obvious so I will not belabor them here. Let me just congratulate you rutgersal. Your faith in your team is bearing fruit.

Reactions: rutgersal
As always, nice to see you around the boards @rutgersal Ash is truly trying to raise the Phoenix, and I hope they give him enough time to do it...

Reactions: rutgersal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT