ADVERTISEMENT

What is happening with Penn State Academics?

DBZ249

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2011
My son is applying to college this year and just looked at the new US News National University Rankings and saw that Penn State has dropped to #63 nationally... when my daughter applied To college PSU was 42nd. She is now a Senior in Newhouse at Syracuse, so we are talking only four years ago. Yes I am aware they are just rankings and PSU provides a strong education, but rankings do matter in many situations and a slide of this magnitude means something.

We in the Den talk about players who come here for the strong academics but it’s truly embarrassing to be ranked below Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Maryland, Pitt, as well as ranked almost 40 schools below Michigan, 20 below Wisconsin and Illinois and tied at #63 with Rutgers.

Before members go off on me. Please note I bleed blue and white, graduated PSU, continue to significantly donate and work with the school of liberal arts to
raise its profile in economics. I am a corporate lawyer in NYC. I run the legal department for and am a partner in a large hedge fund... I tell you this because I love PSU and the view from my industry is that the quality and reputation of the education at PSU has fallen. I don’t understand why and would love the insight. I am not a Barron fan and I believe he is part of the problem but would love to hear from others and to their thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News