ADVERTISEMENT

What is up with Myles Martin this year?

Btown Lion

Jun 21, 2001
I don't follow other teams that closely but I see that he has fallen off quite a bit. An obvious talent so something must be up.

184 is just a tougher weight class than 174 was for him last year.

He's lost to Brooks, Renda, Dechow, and Zavatsky. Also lost to Dean at the All-Star Classic. He's faced some pretty tough competition this year.

That said, every top 10 opponent he has faced this year, he's lost to. Still think he's very talented, just not a lock to even AA at 184. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on a run in March, and place 4-6 if he got hot. Currently I see him as 7/8-R12.

He was a NC last year but prior to the tournament he didn't wrestle like one.

So this regular season isn't much different than last.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
He is very talented, but he fell into a perfume pool at natties last year ;)

Nothing wrong. New weight, tough competition, focus on March. Didn't have a NC like year last year but finished strong and was in position to take advantage of some opportunities

There is no doubt the kid is really talented. You don't win an NCAA title if you aren't. However, if there ever was a perfect storm for NCAAs for a guy then it happened for Myles Martin last year. Every bounce you could imagine went his way.

It's a testament to Martin that he took advantage of it, though. 184lbs is tougher this year than 174lbs was last year and it's not even close. I doubt that perfect storms comes to land this year again, though.

Reactions: kingslayer_85
Love Bo, but I'm expecting a close bout tonight (Bo wins). MYMar is an athletic dude and pride is on the line.

Cmon. Nothing has happened to Myles. He is just who he was last year.

At NCAA's the red seas parted in his side of the bracket as every contender disappeared leading to the final.

When you get to a final in wrestling or football or other one game champ games, if you are the heavy underdog, you only need to beat the favorite 1 time. Not ten times.

Like Myles v Bo. Like PSU Miami in 86 and like Clemson this year.

Myles lucked into the final and....he only needed to win once. The three poundings earlier didn't matter.

Reactions: BigFreddy
Cmon. Nothing has happened to Myles. He is just who he was last year.

At NCAA's the red seas parted in his side of the bracket as every contender disappeared leading to the final.

When you get to a final in wrestling or football or other one game champ games, if you are the heavy underdog, you only need to beat the favorite 1 time. Not ten times.

Like Myles v Bo. Like PSU Miami in 86 and like Clemson this year.

Myles lucked into the final and....he only needed to win once. The three poundings earlier didn't matter.
I would add to the seas parted. In the finals Bo reached in hit that little toss and as his momentum took him a tad too far his arm got trapped for a sec a allowing Martin to roll back over Bo.

It can be stated literally in the finals Bo fell down and Martin landed on top of him.

Reactions: JUBAN
Nothing wrong with him at all: Last year the seas opened up for him, and then Bo slipped on two throws, and then he ran in circles and stalled for 3 straight minutes and stole a win.

This year, Bo methodically beats him 8-2, and it won't even be that close next time they meet, most likely.

He looked good tonight. Glad Bo had every answer for what appeared to be his A-game.

He looked good tonight. Glad Bo had every answer for what appeared to be his A-game.

I have to admit I though MyMar would bag it late. He was game throughout. Bo left some points on the board in my opinion, but MyMar was game and entertaining

Myles beat #6, and 3 unseeded's to get to the finals last year. #s 2, 3, & 7 lost early. Happens. He also won the match that counted against an opponent he's now 1-4 against.

Reactions: diggerpup
Martin is improving week by week. He will be very dangerous come end of March.

Martin is a good wrestler. He beat Bo once and if Bo ever falls down and Martin lands on top of Bo Martin may beat him again. What we will not see is Martin beat Bo by step by step, methodically outwrestling Bo

Reactions: Grass
Martin looked pretty tough tonight.

Bo just showed his superiority. Some of Bo's scrambles out of trouble were very impressive.
I agree. I thought what we saw tonight was pretty close to Martin's best effort.

Martin is a good wrestler. He beat Bo once and if Bo ever falls down and Martin lands on top of Bo Martin may beat him again. What we will not see is Martin beat Bo by step by step, methodically outwrestling Bo

Bo now knows how to beat Martin, and he will wrestle the same match every time, and beat him every time.

Bo had a cradle locked early from the standing position, that close. The difference is, this time, if he doesn't have it, he starts over, and gets the points later on.

Last year ain't happening again.

I don't follow other teams that closely but I see that he has fallen off quite a bit. An obvious talent so something must be up.
Wrestle him smart and straight up you can beat him every time....Bo is 4 and 1 against him. Lost by making a big mistake that he has learned from....Bo will beat Dean and be National Champion....HE IS VERY HUNGRY AND HE WILL TELL YOU NO ONE WILL STOP HIM....HE, CASEY, AND CAEL GO AT IT SUPER HARD IN PRACTICE AND HE IS GETTING REALLY STRONG....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT