ADVERTISEMENT

What MLB/NFL/CFB stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?

Shea, Baltimore memorial, old Yankee stadium, old Meadowlands, Foxboro, Connie Mack, vet, Atlanta Fulton county, Ballpark at Arlington (still standing), old Cowboys stadium, original Texas rangers stadium

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter2
I have been to 29 of the 30 major league stadiums - the exception being Oakland. I plan to see the As next year in Sacramento.

Stadiums that no longer exist:
Connie Mack
Veterans
Shea
Yankee Stadium
Three Rivers
Busch
Turner
Georgia Dome
Baltimore Memorial
Spectrum
Gerry Park (Expos)
Toronto (the old football stadium)
Adding:
Maple Leaf Gardens
Montreal Forum - Funny story about my visit there. It was in 1974. I bought a single seat and sat next to bunch of season ticket holders. When they noticed that I was an American and cheering for the Canadians, they bought me a beer. "Un bot pour mon neuvae ami". At the first intermission they asked where I was from. Figuring they never heard of Allentown, I replied, "Philadelphia". When they started cursing me (in French), I said, "But I hate the Flyers". Drank free beer the whole match.

Great question. Brings back a ton of memories.

As a lifelong A’s fan, finally visiting Oakland and seeing Ricky Henderson hit a HR.
Being scared for my life as a Bills fans as I left Three Rivers after a Monday Night beatdown.
First PSU away game at the old Baltimore Memorial Stadium.
Playing Mound Ball from the 700-level at the Vet.
Wearing my ugly Astros Little League jersey to the Astros vs Mets game in Shea with our team. We got to meet Joaquin Andujar pregame.
Sitting next to John Robinson in the upper deck of Qualcomm for a Chargers vs Bills game.
I threw for TD and caught another in the old Texas Stadium. It was during a corporate event when we rented out the stadium and had a flag football game. 🤣

I’m sure there are a few others that slipped my mind.

Thanks for walk down memory lane.

• Love
Reactions: saturdaysarebetter2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT