ADVERTISEMENT

What was PSU’s “Signature Victory” this season?

What was PSU’s “Signature Victory” this season?

• App St. 45-36

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • @ Pitt 51-6

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Kent St. 63-10

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • @ Illinois 63-24

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • @ Indiana 33-28

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iowa 30-24

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Wisconsin 30-24

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • @ Rutgers 20-7

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Maryland 38-3

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
Wisconsin was 22-10, but yeah.

Really more like 3 "signature losses."

But a convincing Senior Day win against a Maryland team that took Ohio State to OT and lost by one point looks pretty good too, especially since that same Ohio State team blew out Michigan.

Another way to look at it is that Penn State was less than 7 points away from being 11-1 on the year.

Wisconsin was 22-10, but yeah.

Really more like 3 "signature losses."

But a convincing Senior Day win against a Maryland team that took Ohio State to OT and lost by one point looks pretty good too, especially since that same Ohio State team blew out Michigan.

Another way to look at it is that Penn State was less than 7 points away from being 11-1 on the year.
Good catch on the Wisky typo. The “edit poll” feature won’t allow me to correct the Wisconsin score.

This reminds me very much of the end of the 1993, 1996, or 1998 seasons. The team is all of a sudden looking very solid heading into next year with emerging stars returning. I expect that we'll start the season ranked somewhere between #7 - #11 and we will start 5-0.

There is a very difficult three-game stretch before the bye week (at Iowa, vs. Michigan, at MSU). But, it seems survivable. The OSU game is in late November, sandwiched between Indiana and Rutgers. I think it is more favorable than this year's schedule, TBH.

If the receivers have a typical year that we have come to expect; that is catching passes and running good routes from the start of the season we are 11-1. Coach Franklin needs to take a hard look at the drop off from Gattis last year.

Rhule’s Bears are going to a bowl after an impressive 500% improvement in year-over-year wins. :cool:
Well in fairness he didn’t inherit a roster that was devoid of talent. Certainly they were under the cloud of the Briles mess but even Grobe won 7 games as acting coach.

Maybe someone :rolleyes: could list their “signature wins” for each of the top 15 teams in the country?

Let's play
Alabama: LSU
Clemson: A&M
Notre Dame: Michigan
Georgia: Florida
Oklahoma: West Virginia
Ohio State: Michigan
Michigan: Penn State
UCF: Cincinnati or Pitt
LSU: Georgia
Texas: Oklahoma
Florida: LSU
Washington: Wazzu
Washington State: Utah
Kentucky: Florida
West Virginia: Texas

So--we're the only top 15 P5 team without a top 25 win, right?
I'm glad you asked that question

The only two teams who most would consider a "signature win" is OSU and Michigan. Both are in the top 10 and PSU lost. Meaningless topic.

how many teams even have a signature win?

Define signature. Most teams being discussed for a NY6 bowl at least have a win over a ranked opponent. Everyone but arguably UCF has a better win than Pitt and they also beat Pitt. Is Cincinnati a better win than Pitt?

I mean, can we be honest and say this is an underwhelming 9 win season. Not only don't we have a "good" win but we have a very bad loss

Let's play
Alabama: LSU
Clemson: A&M
Notre Dame: Michigan
Georgia: Florida
Oklahoma: West Virginia
Ohio State: Michigan
Michigan: Penn State
UCF: Cincinnati or Pitt
LSU: Georgia
Texas: Oklahoma
Florida: LSU
Washington: Wazzu
Washington State: Utah
Kentucky: Florida
West Virginia: Texas

So--we're the only top 15 P5 team without a top 25 win, right?
I'm glad you asked that question
So, what's your point? Oh, you don't really have one, do you? You're simply an argumentative troll. Why don't you go to the o-zone. I'm sure they're all happy there and you can tell them how bad PSU is.

Rhule’s Bears are going to a bowl after an impressive 500% improvement in year-over-year wins. :cool:
Franklin has taken the Lions to a bowl every season at Penn State. TaxSlayer(Gator), Pinstripe, Rose, and Fiesta. No losing seasons even with a depleted number of scholarship athletes. Also a B1G title.

Reactions: Howie'81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT