ADVERTISEMENT

Football What we're hearing: WR KeAndre Lambert-Smith

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Happy Friday everyone, if you're traveling up for tomorrow. Safe travels.

That being said, earlier today, reports surfaced that Penn State wide receiver KeAndre Lambert-Smith is considering entering the transfer portal. This doesn't come as a big surprise to many of you as we reported on Tuesday evening of the possibility of KLS in fact entering the transfer portal. Here's what we're hearing on KLS and his future with the program.

Will KeAndre Lambert-Smith be with the program this fall?

As of Friday afternoon, the betting odds are certainly trending towards Lambert-Smith not being with the program come this fall. I would expect KLS to in fact enter the transfer portal early next week when it officially opens and I do not expect him to be playing in Saturday's spring game. I will rarely say something is 100% going to happen, and this is not one of those cases. There is still a chance that KLS does return for the fall but that would at this point in time be a surprise.

That being said, KLS entering the transfer portal in general shouldn't be a surprise. He was originally a player that earlier this offseason we had pegged as someone who could very well enter the portal and when he didn't, it was a tad surprising. Things clearly didn't go well over the last two months of the season for Lambert-Smith and quite frankly, I don't think anyone would've been surprised if both sides decided to move on.

So why now?

That's a good question and one we don't have a 100% answer on just yet. Barring a surprise he would've been in line for a starting spot this fall as a wide receiver, so playing time or falling down the depth chart was not likely the issue here. We have heard NIL related reasons as well including some specific reasons including his NIL stature compared to other top Nittany Lions players but we're looking to get a little bit more clarification there before sharing that just yet....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.