ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time PSU had two guys in NBA combine?

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Both Lundy and Pickett get invited. Has Penn State ever had two guys invited the same year? How long has there been an NBA combine?

I have to say thanks to the portal. It’s maddening watching players come and go in various sports but we have gotten some critical players in both football and basketball via the portal system. Haven’t seen any studies or write ups on this issue but I feel that the portal has benefited Penn State overall.

Whatya say @Dylan Callaghan-Croley ? Care to tackle the plus/minus of the portal system?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Both Lundy and Pickett get invited. Has Penn State ever had two guys invited the same year? How long has there been an NBA combine?

I have to say thanks to the portal. It’s maddening watching players come and go in various sports but we have gotten some critical players in both football and basketball via the portal system. Haven’t seen any studies or write ups on this issue but I feel that the portal has benefited Penn State overall.

Whatya say @Dylan Callaghan-Croley ? Care to tackle the plus/minus of the portal system?
In Basketball, I think it's pretty apparent that the portal has helped the 2nd tier of the top division, in 2 ways.
1. A highly rated kid in HS probably wasn't picking PSU. He gets buried on the depth chart and looks for someplace where he will get PT. Schools like PSU become attractive.
2. Non-P5/D1 players (like Pickett) that perform well and want to play on a bigger stage and potentially get a shot at the NBA aren't going to the basketball blue bloods, but schools like PSU can benefit

I don't think football is much different, but with more players on a roster the level of certainty of success at a new school is lower (See Duck Storm).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT