ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the Pribulla Package haters now?

Because that package worked once doesn't mean it didn't take snaps from the starter.

That package was a net loser.
They won a very tough and vitally important game the whole way across the country because of that package. They won all the other games using that package to set up the play that won the USC game. The facts are not in your corner. In addition, the game experience provided to Pribula allowed him to step in when he was desperately needed and seamlessly engineer a win. This time halfway across the country and in a very hostile setting. Nice cherry on top and complete vindication for the coaching staff.

Just curious. I suppose if has a bad game the will wiggle their way out of their wormholes again. In fact, I am sure of it.

Before that happens, remember one thing. He is gamer and we are
My biggest complaint regarding the Pribula package was that Drew stayed in the game and seemed kind of useless. The double pass kind of neutralized that criticism however teams will certainly be ready for that, and actually USC seemed ready for it save for a great catch from 44.

But to your point, it has been worth it certainly in terms of getting Beau ready and keeping his head in the game.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
Just curious. I suppose if has a bad game the will wiggle their way out of their wormholes again. In fact, I am sure of it.

Before that happens, remember one thing. He is gamer and we are not.
I still dislike subbing out your leader and an extremely capable QB, for a gimmicky type play where you reduce your useful players to 10 in most instances. You ruin the flow of the offense and the QB. I want to see Allar in there finishing off drives and producing on 3rd and short. Everyone is seemingly pointing to the pass back against USC that resulted in a TD .. yeah, they forget the (at least) 2 times prior in that game where Beau was brought in and we crashed and burned and the offense was then out of whack, which helped cause us to be in a position to need a big play to bail us out. Who's to say we wouldn't have scored on an Allar pass had he stayed in there on that play (or we otherwise would have completed the drive with a TD), regardless?

Now, did it help Beau out when he was forced to come in to this game? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

But I don't see these things as being the same issue ... Beau played awesome against Wisky. A little shaky in the beginning (completely understandable), and then he found his groove and brought it home for us. And, at least for now, I feel pretty comfortable with him at the helm, if that's what's needed going forward (though I'd prefer Allar to return and be healthy).

And I still don't like bringing in Beau to run a play or two and pushing Allar out to the side of the play

Last edited:
He didn’t just throw a pass. They won the USC game with that play which was set up by what they did previously with that package all season.
Right, but it's a single bullet holster, they used it....I don't think it means that previously or in the future, the package has to include both qbs all the time.

My biggest complaint regarding the Pribula package was that Drew stayed in the game and seemed kind of useless. The double pass kind of neutralized that criticism however teams will certainly be ready for that, and actually USC seemed ready for it save for a great catch from 44.

But to your point, it has been worth it certainly in terms of getting Beau ready and keeping his head in the game.

We ran it maybe a dozen times ... or actually probably much more than that ... often unsuccessfully and helping to stymie a number of drives during the season ... just so we could pull off a trick play that we may or may not have actually "needed" and which will probably not be useful going forward, even if both QBs are healthy? That doesn't seem like an overwhelming vindication when we have (had?) a very capable QB at the helm, regardless.

Reactions: ram2020
He didn’t just throw a pass. They won the USC game with that play which was set up by what they did previously with that package all season.
So they sabotaged a number of other drives throughout the season just so they could throw one trick play?

Perhaps if we had another TO that we didn't have to call when Beau was out there, in order to avoid a delay of game penalty, we could have avoided a bad situation, or created a good one. Perhaps if we hadn't false started when we were goofing around with a hard count by Allar, and then switching it up with Warren moving to QB, we wouldn't have needed that play (not a Beau issue, but a switching out the QB issue). And so on ...

And, of course, you're just trolling ... that play didn't win the game. We were moving well on that drive. A drive that kicked off the 3rd quarter, and we had already driven down to the USC 32 ... and it only brought us to within 7 in a game that eventually went to OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT