ADVERTISEMENT

Where we stand with Recruits 9/26

bmw199

Apr 10, 2013
Without further ado, the reason you clicked:
Visiting for White Out:
2019 Official:
4* DE Isaac, 4* WR Bell, 4* TE Strange, 4* WR Curry, 4* S Pola-Gates, 4* DT R. Johnson, 3* CB Dixon, 4* DE Hunter, 5* OG Thomas, 4* RB Davis
2019: 5* OT Wright, 5* DE Harrison, 3* DT Harrison-Hunte, 3* DT Smiley, 3* OG Moore, 3* OLB White, 3* RB Young, 4* WR Metchie
2020: 5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* ATH Berger, 4* S Paige, 4* DE Mostella, 4* DE Henry, 4* OT Carmody, 4* DE Diggs, 4* DE Izzard, 4* OLB Wingo, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* S Meredith, 5* RB Tyree, 4* DE Clowney, 4* S Toles, 3* G Achumba, 4* RB Murphy, 4* OT Parks, 4* DT Bailey, 4* DT Brevard, 5* ATH Gilbert, , 4* CB Moten
2021: 5* DE Sawyer, 5* OT Tengwall, OT Rucci, 4* RB Pryor, WR Thornton, LB Penn III, DE Mobley, QB McCord

I will keep this updated leading up to Saturday. Italics is a likely but not confirmed. Red text will be people I add. It has been posted here that there are 10 or 11 five stars coming and as you can see I only have 9. I don’t believe any of the ones I am missing are 2019. They are likely 2020 RBs Tyree, Lloyd, or 2021 CB Isaiah Johnson out of WV. Just going through that list you could see 3-5 commits or 0. I’m going to guess 1. I think Strange pulls the trigger. Isaac may as well if he just decides he doesn’t want to see LSU, which is very possible. I don’t think we get an announced 2020, but likely this is the event that makes someone decide and we will find out soon enough. Harrison is a big time rumored visitor, it would make sense that he comes to see two of his three finalist. I believe the article 2 months ago on him said he would look to get to all 3 of the round robin matchups between OSU, UM, and PSU. Moore is tagged in the same article that Harrison is from Wiltfong, that tag may be to say he's not coming, but I doubt that. Harrison-Hunte said he was hopeful to get to this matchup a few months ago, so I have him on this list even though that has not been confirmed (at least not publicly). Same goes for Chris Braswell. In Braswell's case he actually mentioned this game in 3 or 4 different articles I saw on him. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t following through on that. That means it’s also possible his Saint Francis teammate Demon Clowney could be up. I would also be a little surprised if the DeMatha contingent wasn't making it as well, Lloyd and Izzard in 2020 and Mobley in 2021. To me, my biggest Wish List guests would be the St. Joseph contingent of 2021 Kyle McCord, Marvin Harrison Jr, and Jeremiah Trotter Jr. McCord looks freaking fantastic on film for a high school sophomore QB.

The where we stand is pretty self-explanatory. I changed my top category to “My Crystal Ball Is In” from “Commit Watch (if it ended today)” because it more accurately describes my prediction.

I do want to make one separate comment about OSU. When things broke on Urban Meyer I said that we need not rush to flip OSU players. I stand by that. Now that the facts are out though, there is no doubt Urban is not trustworthy and that parents will be considering that for their kids. That still doesn’t mean that Franklin should bring it up or that it’s a good idea for the rest of the coaches to negatively recruit using it or that every recruit is even going to care. The coaches and Franklin are smart enough to know this and can show the players and their families through their actions much better than their words. Beating them on the field would go a long way as well.

If you want to discuss my thoughts (or tell me I'm wrong), post here. If there is general recruiting information then please post it in the yearly class threads!

My Crystal Ball Is In:
4* WR Bell, 4* DE Isaac, 4* WR Curry, 4* TE Strange, 3* DT Harrison-Hunte

Very Good Chance:
4/3* OG Moore

In The Battle:
5* DE Harrison, 4* RB Cain, 4* S Pola-Gates, 3* CB Dixon, 3* RB Young

Work Left To Do:
5* OT Wright, 4* S Cine, 4 * OT Keegan, 4* DT R. Johnson, 3* DT Ellies, 3* DT Smiley, 3* OT Allen

Have To Get Really Lucky:
4* ATH Stevenson, 4* ATH Richards, 4* TE Henry, 4* OG Putnam, 4* TE Foskey, 4* WR C. Johnson

Flip Watch:
OT Thomas (LSU), RB Davis (LSU), White (TAMU)

Surprise! My initial 2020 statuses:
My Crystal Ball Is In:
5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* RB Tyree, 5* RB Lloyd, 4* DE Izzard, 4* S Morant, 4* OT Carmody, 4* WR Dottin

Very Good Chance:
4* OLB Mullings, 4* OT Harrison, 4* OT Parks, 4* ATH Jacobs, 4* CB Moten, 3* WR Mcdaniel

In The Battle:
5* OLB Sherman, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* RB Berger, 4* DE Clowney, 4* DT Bailey, 4* OLB Wingo, 4* RB Murphy, 3* OT Zinter, 3* TE Johnson, 3* OLB Simon, 3* G Achumba

Work Left To Do:
4* WR Jarrett, 4* ATH Jennings, 4* S Toles, 4* DT Brevard, 4* DE Mills, 4* DT Williams, 4* S Paige, 4* S Meredith, 4* DE Diggs, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* CB Jenkins, 4* DE Mostella, 3* RB Baldwin

5* OLB Smalls, 5* OG Rogers, 4* WR Rooks, 4* DL Cowan, 4* CB Hill, 4* WR Henning, 4* S Torrence

Last edited:
If your 2020 CB's come to fruition, we have an embarrassment of riches at RB.
And no... that is not a complaint. :D

Reactions: bmw199
Thanks for the effort. I would love to get a handful of the 5 stars that are visiting. A great or merely good showing on the field and the White Out will make an indelible impression. It could be a milestone night for the future of the program.

Fans can make a huge impact this weekend! Get that stadium rocking and don't let it stop. Make sure these recruits know what the best environment in college football is hands down.

Reactions: TheGLOV
If your 2020 CB's come to fruition, we have an embarrassment of riches at RB.
And no... that is not a complaint. :D
I am a proponent of taking only 1 in 2019 and getting both 5* in 2020. It's risky but you could probably get another 4* if you miss on Lloyd or Tyree. Miss on both and then you're in trouble.

If 2019 and 2020 playout as you indicate, PSU will be very high on the BCR barometer which is the precursor to final four and championships. Exciting stuff. This weekends visitors list of Bama, O$U, Ga like. Keep it rolling CJF!

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
If 2019 and 2020 playout as you indicate, PSU will be very high on the BCR barometer which is the precursor to final four and championships. Exciting stuff. This weekends visitors list of Bama, O$U, Ga like. Keep it rolling CJF!
It obviously won’t go exactly as I indicate, but if plan A is a 5* then plan B is usually a 4*.

Last edited:
I am a proponent of taking only 1 in 2019 and getting both 5* in 2020. It's risky but you could probably get another 4* if you miss on Lloyd or Tyree. Miss on both and then you're in trouble.

But if Sanders would continue to put up big numbers this year he could decide to leave. Then for 2019 PSU would have only Slade, Ford, Holmes and JBrown. I just don't believe CJF will take a chance on only having 4 scholarship RB's. PSU has been fortunate with injuries at the position recently, but 1 or 2 injuries would put the team in a bind at the 2nd most important position in football. That's why I believe CJF will add a second RB in the 2019 class. But only CJF knows what he plans to do...........

When it comes to flipping OSU recruits or getting Ohio Kids to come here, one thing as a coach you cant do is trash the competition.
You should not even bring their name up.
You are selling your program. Tell the kids and their parents what you can do. Not the problems and soap opera at another program. Doing that will ultimately cost you the sale. In this case the recruit.

Visiting for White Out:
2019 Official:
4* DE Isaac, 4* WR Bell, 4* TE Strange, 4* WR Curry, 4* S Pola-Gates, 4* DT R. Johnson, 3* CB Dixon, 4* DE Hunter, 5* OG Thomas, 4* RB Davis
2019: 5* OT Wright, 5* DE Harrison, 3* DT Harrison-Hunte, 3* DT Smiley, 3* OG Moore, 3* OLB White
2020: 5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* ATH Berger, 4* S Paige, 4* DE Mostella, 4* DE Henry, 4* OT Carmody, 4* DE Diggs, 4* DE Izzard, 4* OLB Wingo, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* S Meredith
2021: 5* DE Sawyer, 5* OT Tengwall, OT Rucci, 4* RB Pryor
List is continually being updated. FYI

Without further ado, the reason you clicked:
Visiting for White Out:
2019 Official:
2019: 5* OT Wright, 5* DE Harrison, 3* DT Harrison-Hunte, 3* DT Smiley, 3* OG Moore, 3* OLB White
2020: 5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* ATH Berger, 4* S Paige, 4* DE Mostella, 4* DE Henry, 4* OT Carmody, 4* DE Diggs, 4* DE Izzard, 4* OLB Wingo, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* S Meredith
2021: 5* DE Sawyer, 5* OT Tengwall, OT Rucci, 4* RB Pryor

I will keep this updated leading up to Saturday. Italics is a likely but not confirmed. Red text will be people I add. It has been posted here that there are 10 or 11 five stars coming and as you can see I only have 9. I don’t believe any of the ones I am missing are 2019. They are likely 2020 RBs Tyree, Lloyd, or 2021 CB Isaiah Johnson out of WV. Just going through that list you could see 3-5 commits or 0. I’m going to guess 1. I think Strange pulls the trigger. Isaac may as well if he just decides he doesn’t want to see LSU, which is very possible. I don’t think we get an announced 2020, but likely this is the event that makes someone decide and we will find out soon enough. Harrison is a big time rumored visitor, it would make sense that he comes to see two of his three finalist. I believe the article 2 months ago on him said he would look to get to all 3 of the round robin matchups between OSU, UM, and PSU. Moore is tagged in the same article that Harrison is from Wiltfong, that tag may be to say he's not coming, but I doubt that. Harrison-Hunte said he was hopeful to get to this matchup a few months ago, so I have him on this list even though that has not been confirmed (at least not publicly). Same goes for Chris Braswell. In Braswell's case he actually mentioned this game in 3 or 4 different articles I saw on him. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t following through on that. That means it’s also possible his Saint Francis teammate Demon Clowney could be up. I would also be a little surprised if the DeMatha contingent wasn't making it as well, Lloyd and Izzard in 2020 and Mobley in 2021. To me, my biggest Wish List guests would be the St. Joseph contingent of 2021 Kyle McCord, Marvin Harrison Jr, and Jeremiah Trotter Jr. McCord looks freaking fantastic on film for a high school sophomore QB.

The where we stand is pretty self-explanatory. I changed my top category to “My Crystal Ball Is In” from “Commit Watch (if it ended today)” because it more accurately describes my prediction.

I do want to make one separate comment about OSU. When things broke on Urban Meyer I said that we need not rush to flip OSU players. I stand by that. Now that the facts are out though, there is no doubt Urban is not trustworthy and that parents will be considering that for their kids. That still doesn’t mean that Franklin should bring it up or that it’s a good idea for the rest of the coaches to negatively recruit using it or that every recruit is even going to care. The coaches and Franklin are smart enough to know this and can show the players and their families through their actions much better than their words. Beating them on the field would go a long way as well.

If you want to discuss my thoughts (or tell me I'm wrong), post here. If there is general recruiting information then please post it in the yearly class threads!

My Crystal Ball Is In:
4* WR Bell, 4* DE Isaac, 4* WR Curry, 4* TE Strange, 3* DT Harrison-Hunte

Very Good Chance:
4/3* OG Moore

In The Battle:
5* DE Harrison, 4* RB Cain, 4* S Pola-Gates, 3* CB Dixon, 3* RB Young

Work Left To Do:
5* OT Wright, 4* S Cine, 4 * OT Keegan, 4* DT R. Johnson, 3* DT Ellies, 3* DT Smiley, 3* OT Allen

4* ATH Stevenson, 4* ATH Richards, 4* TE Henry, 4* OG Putnam, 4* TE Foskey, 4* WR C. Johnson

Flip Watch:
OT Thomas (LSU), RB Davis (LSU), White (TAMU)

Surprise! My initial 2020 statuses:
My Crystal Ball Is In:
5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* RB Tyree, 5* RB Lloyd, 4* DE Izzard, 4* S Morant, 4* OT Carmody, 4* WR Dottin

Very Good Chance:
4* OLB Mullings, 4* OT Harrison, 4* OT Parks, 4* ATH Jacobs, 4* CB Moten, 3* WR Mcdaniel

In The Battle:
5* OLB Sherman, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* RB Berger, 4* DE Clowney, 4* DT Bailey, 4* OLB Wingo, 3* OT Zinter, 3* TE Johnson, 3* OLB Simon

Work Left To Do:
4* WR Jarrett, 4* ATH Jennings, 4* DT Brevard, 4* DE Mills, 4* DT Williams, 4* S Paige, 4* S Meredith, 4* DE Diggs, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* CB Jenkins, 4* DE Mostella, 3* RB Baldwin

5* OLB Smalls, 5* OG Rogers, 4* WR Rooks, 4* DL Cowan, 4* CB Hill, 4* WR Henning, 4* S Torrence

Thanks for the great job. My only comment is that if Franklin wants Smiley, he will get him.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Harrison is the only person left on the my list that I'm not positive about, but no one is. Missing 1 or 2 5*s. Gotta believe Lloyd is one because 3 Dematha recruits were just added.

Update: he is coming.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT